Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) of Tamilnadu Circle has invited applications for 4 Junior Telecom Officers (JTO) under Special Recruitment Drive (SRD-2013) for Persons with Disabilities (PWD). The candidates would have to undergo a competitive examination to be held on 23 November 2014.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 05 September 2014
Examination Date: 23 November 2014(Sunday)
Details of Post
- Name of Posts: Junior Telecom Officers (JTO)
- Number of Posts: 04 Posts (Reserved for PWD Candidates).
The candidates should have a Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering Degree in any of the following disciplines from any recognized engineering college/ University.
VI. Information Technology
VIII. Industrial Electronics
Pay Scale: Rs. 16400-40500, along with HRA, Perks, Medical Benefits etc. payable as per company rules.
The candidates should not be more than 30 years of age for the post of JTOs. Though there are relaxations on upper age as per Government of India instructions:-
I. For PWD candidates the relaxation in upper age is 10 years, 15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates.
II. Ex-service men would get upper age limit benefits as per central government rules.
III. For Ex- BSNL employees the upper age-limit relaxation is 5 years.
How to Apply
- Eligible Candidates may apply through prescribed application format and designated application form.
- Application form duly filled, Two unattached and two attached passport size photographs, two self-addressed unstamped envelopes of 27x12 cms size, Relevant medical certificates proving the candidate physically handicapped and other relevant certificates should be addressed to “The AGM(Rect & Estt), O/o the CGM Telecom, BSNL, Tamilnadu Telecom Circle, No- 16, Greams Road, Chennai – 600 006” before 5 September 2014.
- Candidates should clearly mention “Application for J.T.Os (Telecom) Examination -2013 for PWD” on the top of the envelope containing the Application form and other relevant documents.
- There would be no fees for PWD candidates applying for the post. The candidates belonging to SC/ST category would be entitled to get TA for appearing in the examination on 23 November 2014.
The candidates have to undergo an open competitive examination comprising of multiple choice questions which would be of three hours in duration. The Question paper would contain the following three sections:
- Section-I: Engineering Stream: 50 questions
- Section- II: Engineering Stream: 50 questions
- Section-III: General Ability Test: 20 questions