CBSE Class 12 History Sample Paper 2020 (with Answers & Marking Scheme) is available here for download in PDF format. Links to download Marking Scheme & Sample Paper are given at the end of this article. This CBSE Class 12 Sample Paper is very important for the preparation of CBSE Class 12 History Board Exam 2020.
Content from CBSE Class 12 History Sample Paper 2020:
Time Allowed: 3 hrs. & Max. Marks: 80
- Answer all the questions. Some questions have internal choice. Marks are indicated against each question.
- Question number 1to 20 (Part-A) are objective type questions carrying 1 mark should be one word or one sentence each.
- Answer to questions carrying 3 marks (Part-B Question 21 to 24) should not exceed 100 words each.
- Answer to questions carrying 8 marks (Part-C Question 25 to 27) should not exceed 350 words each.
- Question numbers 28 to 30 (Part -D) are Source based questions carrying 6 marks each.
- Question number 31 (Part-E) is a Map question that includes identification and location of significant test items. Attach the map with the answer book.
1: Consider the following statements regarding the identification of Shiva, a figure represented on Harappan seals:
1 - It is shown in the form of Gajapati
2 - It is shown seated in Yogic posture.
3 - It is surrounded by animals.
4 - It is shown with a female figure identifiable with Parvati.
Which of the above are correct reasons for identifying the figure with Shiva?
a - 1 and 4
b - 2 and 3
c - 2 and 4
d - 3 and 4
Recommended Books for CBSE Board Exam 2020 Preparation:
2: Name any two centres for making shell objects in the Harappan Civilisation.
3: Define a votive inscription
4: Differentiate between polygyny and polyandry.
5: Choose the correct option :
Buddhism grew rapidly both during the lifetime of the Buddha and after his death as
A - Buddha and his disciples taught in Prakrit.
B -Importance was given to rituals in Buddhism.
C - People were dissatisfied with existing social practices.
D - Only men were allowed into the Sangha.
6: The special officers appointed to spread the message of Dhamma by Asoka were known as______________
7: From among the following which one depicts the correct meaning of the term Jins-i-kamil concerning crops in Mughal India?
A - Paddy crop
B - Perfect crop
C - Pulses
D - Crop grown in the arid zone
8: Choose the correct option:
The European traveller who has given a detailed description of the practice of Sati.
A - Jean Baptiste Tavernier
B - Manucci
C - Francois Bernier
D - Roberto Nobili
9: Identify which of the following aspects is NOT common to both Bhakti movement and Sufi movement?
A - Personal love for God
B - Worship of idols
C - Mysticism
D - Visit to holy shrines
10: Name the traveller for whom the term, globe-trotter, is used.
11: With which of the following responsibilities Mir Bakshi was the officer in Akbar’s reign?
A - Revenue Collection
B - Payment of salaries
C - Head of the military administration
D - Head of Nobility
12: Find out from the following pairs which one is correctly matched:
A - Akbar Nama : Abdul Hamid Lahori
B - Badshah Nama : Zahiruddin Babur
C - Humayun Nama : Gulbadan Begum
D - Babur Nama: Abul FazlAllami
- Mention one reason why Qandahar was a bone of contention between the Safavids and the Mughals.
- Give the meaning of the term ‘Antyaja’.
- Cite one reason for mapping of the cities by the colonial government.
- Consider the following events:
- Cabinet Mission
- Cripps Mission
- Khilafat Movement
- Pakistan Resolution
The correct chronological order of these events is:
- 4, 3, 2, 1
- 4, 3, 1, 2
- 3, 4, 1, 2
- 3, 4, 2, 1
For all the questions and their answers (along with Marking Scheme)
Other important articles for CBSE Board Exam 2020 preparation: