. The Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships is a subordinate office under the Ministry of Shipping, provides General Aids to Mariner Navigation along the Indian coast.
- Last Date for Submmission of Application : 27 January 2014 up to 17 Hrs.
Details of Posts
1. Name of Post: “Navigational Assistant Grade II”
No. of Posts : 26 (Twenty Six). [13 – UR, 01 – SC, 03–ST and 04 - OBC].
2. Name of Post: “Technician (Electronics)”
No. of Posts : 04 (Four). [02 – UR, 01– SC and 01– OBC].
Educational Qualification & Experience
- For Navigational Assistant Grade - II:
(i) Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunication or Electronics & Communication or Electrical and Electronics from a institution recognized by Central Government or State Government.
(ii) One year’s practical experience in the field of wireless communication (including installation & maintenance of wireless transmitter & receivers) or Aids to Navigation (including Visual and Radio Aids to Navigation), automatic relay systems or Diesel generator sets.
- For Technician (Electronics) :
(i) Diploma in Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical & Electronics or combination of above from recognized institution or equivalent.
(ii) One year experience in the installation and maintenance of wireless transmitter receivers, aerial systems and associated power plant.
(i) Experience in the handling of Microwave equipment.
(i) Mere possessing of minimum qualification and experience did not entitle a candidate to be called for written exam / interview.
(ii) Applying for both the post may result in disqualification.
- Age limit for the candidates is 18 Years to 27 Years as on 31.01.2014.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST candidates and for 3 years for OBC candidates, subject to submission of requisite certificate.
- The upper age limit relaxation for other categories like Ex-Servicemen, Physically Handicapped candidates etc will be as per the admissible rule of Govt. of India for the recruitment to the post as on 31.01.2014.
- For Govt. Servants it is up to 40 years.
- No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against unreserved vacancies
(i) For Navigational Assistant Grade II in the Directorate of Lighthouses & Lightships, Jamnagar/Mumbai/ Cochin/Chennai/Kolkata& Port Blair.
(ii) For Technician (Electronics) in the office of the Directorate General of Lighthouses &Lightships, Noida and Directorate of Lighthouses& Lightships, Mumbai &Kolkata.
How to Apply
- Applications completed in all respect along with required enclosures should be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post to “The Director Directorate of Lighthouses & Lightships, Deep Bhavan, M.G.Road, Ghatkopar (East), Mumbai 400 077 (Maharashtra)” so as to reach on or before 27.01.2014 up to 17.00 Hrs.
- Interested Candidates may only apply for either of the post and not both the posts.
The Short listed candidates will only considered for further recruitment procedures.
- Written examination contains objective type questions.
- The Director of Lighthouses & Lightships, as its discretion may hold additional skill test / interview if consider necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by DLL.
- The details related to date, time and venue of the written examination will be hosted on website www.dgll.nic.in & www.dgllrcmt.com in due course.
- The stage of examination is single stage examination followed by interview & verification of original documents. Based on the performance of candidates in written examination the candidates will be called for the interview.
- During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates.