- Payment solutions company Pay Point India, which is awaiting Payments Bank licence will hold minority stake in the entity that aspires to become a universal bank in 3-5 years.
- Most large private banks including HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank have announced a hike in charges for penalty on non-maintenance of minimum average balance in savings accounts.
- India's leading telecom operators' — Bharti Airtel and Vodafone India — new joint venture in the WiFi space, Firefly Networks, is making strides in the country as it prepares to take on Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Jio, which is also finalising its strategy for the country's WiFi market.
- The term CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) Terrorism was in news in the third week of March 2015. It was in news because CBRN terrorism is one of the sub-themes of Conference on Counter-Terrorism held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Legendary Singer Lata Mangeshkar on 20 March 2015 was presented with the Laadli Voice of the Century award. She was awarded at the sixth edition of the National Media and Advertising Awards for Gender Sensitivity held at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on 13 March 2015 was roped in as the brand ambassador for Union Government’s campaign against Hepatitis B, a critical public problem in India.
- The World Sparrow Day was observed globally on 20 March 2015 with the theme I Love Sparrows. The theme has been inspired by the hope that more and more of us will celebrate the relationship between People and Sparrows.
- Nobel laureate Sir Venkatraman Ramakrishnan on 18 March 2015 was named as the President of Britain's prestigious Royal Society, a communion of the many of the world's most distinguished scientists.
- Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of Tata Sons Ltd on 19 March 2015 was roped in by Union Government to head Kaya Kalp, a council formed to suggest innovative ways to transform the Indian Railways.
- Air Marshal Sohail Aman was on 18 March 2015 appointed as the Chief of Pakistan Air Force. Also he was promoted to the rank of Air Chief Marshal from Air Marshal.
- India will host the seventh Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) in 2016. This was announced by Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh on 17 March 2015 at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan.
- Renault Nissan Automotive India (RNAIPL) on 20 March 2015 appointed Colin Macdonald as Managing Director (MD). He will take charge from 1 April 2015.
- The Delhi High Court on 20 March 2015 restrained Indian firm Glenmark Pharmaceuticals from manufacturing, marketing or selling its anti-diabetes drugs Zita and Zita-Met.
- Cher Wang Co founder of HTC Corporation on 19 March 2015 takes over as Chief Executive Officer (CEO). She succeeded Peter Chou
- HDFC Bank on 17 March 2015 launched a mobile application Chillr that allows customers to instantly transfer money to any person in India. Chillr is a first-of-its kind application that is linked directly to customers’ bank accounts and is exclusively for customers of HDFC Bank.
- Wipro Limited on 16 March 2015 announced the appointment of former Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) top executive Abid Ali Neemuchwala as the Group President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the company.
- The United States (US)-based Mirach Capital on 16 March 2015 decided to file a 400 million US dollar defamation lawsuit against the Sahara group.
- Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL) on 16 March 2015 announced to appoint Ashu Suyash as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company..
- National Action Plan for Skill Training of Persons with Disabilities was launched in New Delhi on 21 March 2015.
- The Union Cabinet approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) on 19 March 2015 with an outlay of 1500 crore rupees. The programme aims to impart skill training to youth with focus on first time entrants to the labour market and class 10 and class 12 drop outs.
- Union Ministry of Environment on 19 March 2015 announced to launch National Air Quality Index in April 2015.
- The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) in Hyderabad clocked 10 million passengers in the financial year 2014-15. Bhanu Khannan who arrived at the airport from a Chennai bound flight emerged as the 10 millionth passenger at the airport.
- The Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR) was held in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan from 14 March to 18 March 2015.
- New York University (NYU) on 19 March 2015 announced Prison Education Programme (PEP) to Educate US Prisoners.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore (NUS) on 19 March 2015 to improve India’s rating on ease of doing business.
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) on 16 March 2015 released Trends in International Arms Transfers 2014 report.
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia on 22 March 2015 won his fourth Indian Wells Open Tennis Men’s Singles title. In the final clash, Djokovic defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-2.
- Martin Guptill, the batsman of New Zealand cricket team, on 21 March 2015 scored the highest-ever score of 237 not out in Cricket World Cup history.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the Captain of Indian One Day International (ODI) Cricket team on 19 March 2015 became the first Indian captain and third in the history of the game, to lead his country to 100 ODI wins. He reached the milestone of 100 wins in 178th ODI.
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain on 15 March 2015 won the 2015 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia. Only 11 cars were able to take the chequered flag.
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President N Ramachandran on 17 March 2015 was appointed as a vice-chair of the International Relations Commission of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC).