The Goa Public Service Commission invited applications for recruitment to the post of Lecturer in Medicine, Lecturer in Oral Medicine and Radiology, Assistant Agriculture Officer, Research Officer, Assistant Research Officer and Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 6 March 2014. The Goa Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India. The Commission advises the Government on all matters relating to State Civil Services referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution.
Last Date for Submission of Application forms: 6 March 2014
Detail of Vacancies
Name of the post:
• Lecturer in Medicine: 2
• Lecturer in Oral Medicine and Radiology: 1
• Assistant Agriculture Officer: 4
• Research Officer: 1
• Assistant Research Officer: 1
• Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor: 1
Total Number of Posts: 10
• Candidate’s age should not be Greater than 45 years for Lecturer in Medicine.
• Candidate’s age should not be Greater than 42 years for remaining post.
• Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. rule.
• Lecturer in Medicine: A recognised Medical qualification included in the First or the Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, Holders of qualifications included in Part II of the Third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions stipulated in Section 13 (3) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, Post Graduate degree qualification in the speciality concerned or equivalent and 3 years teaching experience in the concerned speciality as Senior Resident/Registrar/ Tutor/Demonstrator in a Medical College/Teaching Institution with Knowledge of Konkani.
• Lecturer in Oral Medicine and Radiology: A qualification included in Part I or Part II of the Schedule to the Dentists Act, 1948 (16 of 1948), Post-Graduate qualification in Dentistry i.e. Master of Dental Surgery in concerned speciality/subject from a recognized Institution or equivalent and should be registered with Dental Council. Knowledge of Konkani.
• Assistant Agriculture Officer: Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture from a recognised University and Knowledge of Konkani.
• Research Officer: Master Degree in Indian History or Political Science or Sociology from a recognized University or equivalent with minimum 2 years experience in conducting research in the respective branch of study and Knowledge of Konkani.
• Assistant Research Officer: Master Degree in Indian History or Political Science or Sociology from a recognized University or equivalent with minimum 1 year experience in conducting research in the respective branch of study and Knowledge of Konkani.
• Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor: Certificate of having passed the ‘Dufferin’ / ‘T.S.REJENDRA’ final passing out examination, OR Survey Recorder 1st Class of the Indian Navy, OR Licentiate Member of the Institution (India) in sub-Div, Hydrographic Surveying, 3 years practical experience either in Indian Navy or Merchant Navy or Hydrographic Survey Organisation, including about 2 years practical experience in Hydrographic Surveying and Knowledge of Konkani.
Rs. 400/- (Rs.200/- for SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and Ex-serviceman) in the form of Indian Postal Order or Demand Draft payable to “The Secretary GOA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION” payable at Panjim.
• Lecturer in Medicine: Rs.15600-39100/- + Rs.6600/-
• Lecturer in Oral Medicine and Radiology: Rs.15600-39100/- + Rs.5400/-
• Assistant Agriculture Officer: Rs.9300-34800/- + Rs.4200/-
• Research Officer: Rs.9300-34800/- + Rs.4600/-
• Assistant Research Officer: Rs.9300-34800/- + Rs.4200/-
• Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor: Rs.9300-34800/- + Rs.4600/-
Selection will be made on the basis of interview.
How to Apply
• Candidates can download the prescribed application form from the Official website of GPSC.
• Fill all the details in the application form, attach photo, attest signature, DD along with attested copies of all relevant certificates and send to the Goa Public Service Commission before 6 March 2014.
• Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.