Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission on 29 January 2015 issued notification for H.P. Administrative Combined Competitive Examination 2014 commonly known as Himachal PCS Exam. The exam will consist of three successive stages- Prelims, Main and Viva-Voce.
Syllabus for Himachal PCS Prelims Exam 2014 consists of two papers based on objective (multiple type) questions. Paper I (General Studies) and Paper II (Aptitude Test) both will have 100 questions and will be of 200 marks. The duration for Paper I and Paper II will be 2 hours each.
There will be penalty for wrong answers. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Candidates should keep in mind following points while preparing for Himachal PCS Prelims Exam 2014:
• Reading and understanding the Syllabus for Himachal PCS Prelims Exam 2014 is the key to qualify Himachal PCS Prelims Exam. Simultaneously, analysing different sections of the syllabus is necessary to fully understand the requirements of the Himachal PCS Prelims Exam.
• Once you have understood the syllabus, go through previous year questions to interpret the nature of questions asked. This will help candidates in streamlining their preparation. Since it is not possible to cover each and every topic, previous year question papers will make candidates aware of the relative importance of different sections and topics given in the syllabus.
• For each part or section of the syllabus identify a standard source. For example, for History select a standard textbook and likewise for other sections. Try to read multiple times from the same textbook instead of reading several textbooks. Doing so will help candidates in revising as well as recalling during examination.
• Candidates should also make notes of those topics which are difficult to understand. It will also help in revising. However, notes should not be lengthy for it will defeat the very purpose of making notes.
• Practice objective type questions and previous year papers exhaustively. It will not only help in revising the already studied topics but will also help in preparing left-out topics.
• For current affairs follow one standard newspaper and one magazine regularly.
• A fair number of questions related to Himachal Pradesh have also been appearing. So candidates need to focus on state specific questions. This portion can be prepared by going through previous year questions and reading any one standard textbook related to Himachal Pradesh.
• It is quite natural for all to forget things. So regularly revise what you have studied.
• Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and try to achieve it.
HPPSC Recruitment 2018, 228 Vacancies for Medical Officer, Assistant Professor and Other Post
HPPSC Recruitment 2018 for 71 Horticulture Development Officer Posts
HPPSC Recruitment 2018 for 100 Assistant Professor and Other Posts, Last Day Today
HPPSC Recruitment 2018: Apply for 31 Assistant District Attorney, Law Officer and Lecturer Posts