Students take exams throughout the year irrespective of level and importance. Besides, class tests and semester tests in schools there are various important exams that every student appears for in their life and move on to next level of academics such as CBSE Board exam, UP Board exam, Bihar Board exams. Moreover, students take entrance exams like IIT Joint Entrance Examination, UP State Entrance Exam and other engineering exams.
As the date sheets for these exams have been announced and there are few days left for both board exams and engineering entrance exams; students are putting their best efforts so as to qualify the exams. This is the time period when students need to focus on revision of their chapters/syllabus for their upcoming exams. Below mentioned tips will be helpful in an effective revision for any exam –
4 Tips to do revision for exams effectively-
1. Read the content carefully – students need to go through the syllabus content cautiously. Also, they should not give more than enough time on one concept because this will hamper their preparation time as well as the boredom if they are not able to complete the chapter in time. For this, students should first read the content with speed. And for better understanding they should read the concept again but this time with more focus on the content.
2. Make important points from the content – While reading the content students must note or make points which they feel are important for exams. Do not write all the content from what you read rather make pointers as mentioned below example –
For better understanding make flow charts, bubbles, linked chart, or use highlighter in your notebook itself.
3. Make summary notes from the content – To get full marks in an exam, students should make sure that they make summary notes of every chapter they read.
- Making summary notes for a chapter gives an analysis of student’s understanding of the chapter and its concepts.
- This will give them an idea about their preparation and if students lack proper understanding about the chapter or any concept then, they can revise the chapter.
- This will make their concept understanding stronger and they will be able to score maximum marks from that chapter.
- This will help them minimise the errors in exams.
- Also, making summary notes will help you revise easily during last few days before the exams.
4. Remember the content – Most important thing is to remember everything you learn during the exam.
- Generally, students tend to forget during the exam due to exam fear/anxiety and this is totally normal.
- It doesn’t mean that your memory is low or anything to do with your IQ.
- What students need to do is learn everything in an organised manner, which will help you remember with focus and you won’t go blank while attempting the paper.
- For example, if you are studying, Physics – Chapter Laws of Motion then, you should first read the theory part of the concept and then focus on the formulae.
- After preparing this concept, you should take a test of numerical based on this concept as this help in self-analysis of your preparation.
- This way, you will remember every part of this concept and you will be easily able to attempt questions based on this concept.
To summarise –
- Make pointers
- Prepare summary notes
- Remember what you study
- Take test for preparation analysis