How to fill CLAT 2020 Application form | Step-by-step Process
Know how to fill CLAT 2020 Application Form through this step-by-step registration process here.
CLAT 2020 Application Form has been released on 1st January 2020. CLAT is a national level entrance exam. This exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities. CLAT is conducted by one of the 21 NLUs every year on a rotation basis. It is conducted to offer admission into integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programs. CLAT score is valid for admission to various government and private law colleges across India.
CLAT 2020 Application Process – Overview
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 will be conducted by the Consortium of the National Law Universities (NLUs) in India. The Executive Committee of the Consortium of the Consortium of NLUs has disclosed that CLAT 2020 application process will begin on 1st January 2020.
Candidates need to clear the CLAT exam in order to secure admission in BA LLB (Hons), BSc LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), BSW LLB (Hons), BCom LLB (Hons) and LLM programmes that being offered at the NLUs across the country.
Steps to fill CLAT 2020 Online Application Form
There are following steps to fill the CLAT 2020 online application form. After visiting the official pages and opening the registration page candidates will have to provide the below mentioned details in their application form:
- Personal details (Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No., Email ID, Parent’s Name, Parent’s Mobile No., and Address etc.)
- Address for Communication with PIN Code
- Academic Details (Percentage and marks in School/ Institute/ College)
- Front Facing Passport size photograph and signature in a specified format.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate (for SC/ ST/ SAP candidates) in PDF format only.
- Scanned copy of Certificate of impairment for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) in PDF/ JPG/ JPEG format only (if applicable).
- Program in which candidate wishes to appear (UG Course or PG Course)
- Certificates in support of Candidate’s claim for NRI/NRI sponsored candidate
- Domicile Certificate in support of candidate's claim for consideration under State Quota
- Scanned copy of Domicile Category in PDF format only (if applicable)
CLAT 2020 – Details to be Provided
Candidates will have to provide the following details while filling the application form for the CLAT 2020 Exam.
Personal Details - Candidates will be required to provide personal details such as the Applicants Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender and Date of Birth.
Communication Details - In this section candidates will be required to provide details such as their full address, state, district, area PIN Code, mobile number, alternative number (mobile no/landline number) for both their correspondence and permanent addresses. They will also be required to provide and active email id in this section.
Academic / Course Details - In this section, the candidate has to fill the details related to whatever educational qualification he/she has achieved. For LLB course details till 10+2 are required to be filled and for LLM course details till LLB are required to be filled.
CLAT 2020 – Form Preview before Submitting
This is the sub-page of CLAT 2020 application form, where candidates will need to preview their filled in application form of CLAT 2020. Once the candidates have gone through the CLAT application form 2020, candidates will need to click on the checkbox and 'Submit' button to confirm that the details provided by them in the CLAT 2020 application form are correct.
CLAT 2020 – Documents to be Uploaded
Candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while filling the application form for the CLAT 2020 exam:
- Scanned Copy of caste certificate if the candidates belong to the SC/ST category.
- Certificate of impairment by Specially Abled Persons (SAP’s).
- Relevant Certificates if the candidates belong to NRI/NRI sponsored category.
- Domicile Certificate if the candidate has applied under state quota.
- Relevant certificate(s) if you are coming under the BPL category.
- Passport sized photograph and Signature.
CLAT 2020 Payment of Exam Fees
The payment can be done in the online mode through debit/credit card/net banking) or in the offline mode through the e-challan. The CLAT 2020 application fee varies for candidates belonging to different categories and is non- refundable. Aspirants can refer to the below mentioned table with reference to the application fee for the CLAT 2020 basis the different categories.
Details of CLAT Form Fees
The application fee for CLAT 2020 has been provided in the table below.
Fee in INR
Details of Online Payment Mode
The fee can be paid using debit card/credit card/ net banking. Bank Transaction Charges may vary depending upon the payment option selected.
Card mode: Enter card details (select card type, card number, expiry date, and CVV number)
Net Banking Mode: Choose preferred bank, enter user ID & Password and make the payment.