Class 10th board results 2018 have been announced and now it is the time for students to select a stream from Science, Commerce and Arts for Class 11th. Students who will be selecting Science stream after Class 10th will have to either select medical stream with subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology or, non-medical stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. Those who will select non-medical stream can go for engineering courses after 12th and the students studying medical subjects will be pursuing MBBS and BDS courses after 12th.
For pursuing these courses, students will have to appear in entrance exams like IIT JEE for engineering courses and NEET for medical exams. But, it is not as easy as it seems, lakh of students have to compete with each other for qualifying these competitive exams to secure a seat in top engineering and medical colleges of India.
Nowadays, students are taking help of coaching institutes to crack JEE and NEET. In this article, we have mentioned important points to consider for selecting the best coaching institute to prepare for these competitive exams –
1. Track record of the coaching institute – Students should check with the track record of the coaching institute they want to join to prepare for entrance exams like IIT JEE and NEET. Students can consider the below mentioned points for this –
2. Faculty support – The Faculty members or coaching teachers are the ones who will be guiding students to prepare for the competitive examinations. A good coaching institute have highly experienced teachers who know how to train students with the test pattern, syllabus etc. They also tell students tips and tricks to solve questions with speed and accuracy in order to score maximum marks. They provide highly researched study material and sample papers, also test the students with regular mock tests.
3. Coaching fees – No doubt, quality comes with a cost. However, due to increasing competition and demand, new coaching institutes are being established every now and then. These institutes attract the aspirants with coaching packages that no other coaching institute is offering. Moreover, some coaching institutes provide scholarships to students who are bright but lack financial support. This way, they attain the aspirants’ attention and many students join in to get all such facilities. Therefore, students should cross-check the fee structure of the coaching institutes they plan to join. Also, they should compare it with other coaching institutes including for the study material.
4. Selection test and procedure – Before joining the coaching Institute, students should enquire the testing facilities. They can consider the following questions –
5. Hostel and Security facilities – To prepare for such competitive examinations, students need an atmosphere where they can do their exam preparation without any distractions. Therefore, most coaching institute provide hostel facility to students so that they can stay at the coaching institute only. However, students need to consider other facilities like food and security at the hostels before finalising the coaching institute.
Conclusion – Therefore, from the above mentioned points, students can consider -
You might also be interested in: