Know here how to select best coaching Institute for IIT JEE and NEET preparation?
Lakh of students have to compete with each other for qualifying competitive exams to secure a seat in top engineering and medical colleges of India. In this article, we have mentioned important points to consider for selecting the best coaching institute to prepare for these competitive exams.
Class 10th board results 2018 have been announced and now it is the time for students to select a stream from Science, Commerce and Arts for Class 11th. Students who will be selecting Science stream after Class 10th will have to either select medical stream with subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology or, non-medical stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. Those who will select non-medical stream can go for engineering courses after 12th and the students studying medical subjects will be pursuing MBBS and BDS courses after 12th.
For pursuing these courses, students will have to appear in entrance exams like IIT JEE for engineering courses and NEET for medical exams. But, it is not as easy as it seems, lakh of students have to compete with each other for qualifying these competitive exams to secure a seat in top engineering and medical colleges of India.
Nowadays, students are taking help of coaching institutes to crack JEE and NEET. In this article, we have mentioned important points to consider for selecting the best coaching institute to prepare for these competitive exams –
1. Track record of the coaching institute – Students should check with the track record of the coaching institute they want to join to prepare for entrance exams like IIT JEE and NEET. Students can consider the below mentioned points for this –
- Students’ Feedback – take a review from students’ who have studied in the coaching institute. Refer to the testimonials and also ask students in person about the facilities and quality learning of the institute.
- Success Rate in Competitive exams – Cross-verify the coaching institute’s success rate in the competitive exams as it will be helpful to know what efforts and facilities you will get to achieve your goals.
- Toppers Rank and Record – Also, consider the coaching institutes’ students percentage and ranks in the competitive exams. How many students from the coaching institute have achieved All India Ranks in JEE or NEET exams?
2. Faculty support – The Faculty members or coaching teachers are the ones who will be guiding students to prepare for the competitive examinations. A good coaching institute have highly experienced teachers who know how to train students with the test pattern, syllabus etc. They also tell students tips and tricks to solve questions with speed and accuracy in order to score maximum marks. They provide highly researched study material and sample papers, also test the students with regular mock tests.
3. Coaching fees – No doubt, quality comes with a cost. However, due to increasing competition and demand, new coaching institutes are being established every now and then. These institutes attract the aspirants with coaching packages that no other coaching institute is offering. Moreover, some coaching institutes provide scholarships to students who are bright but lack financial support. This way, they attain the aspirants’ attention and many students join in to get all such facilities. Therefore, students should cross-check the fee structure of the coaching institutes they plan to join. Also, they should compare it with other coaching institutes including for the study material.
4. Selection test and procedure – Before joining the coaching Institute, students should enquire the testing facilities. They can consider the following questions –
- What is the frequency of the selection tests?
- What are the levels of tests?
- What are the facilities at the test centres? If the location is different or the tests will be conducted in the coaching institutes’ premises.
- Are the test conducted on real time test experience basis?
- How are the students ranked in these tests?
- How does management help to improve the ranks?
- What are the facilities for students scoring low on Weekly or Monthly Test? Are they provided extra classes to work on improvement?
- Are there discussion classes held to provide feedback to students?
5. Hostel and Security facilities – To prepare for such competitive examinations, students need an atmosphere where they can do their exam preparation without any distractions. Therefore, most coaching institute provide hostel facility to students so that they can stay at the coaching institute only. However, students need to consider other facilities like food and security at the hostels before finalising the coaching institute.
Conclusion – Therefore, from the above mentioned points, students can consider -
- Track record of the Institute
- Quality of teaching for better learning experience
- Fee structure of the coaching institute
- Test facilities
- Hostel and security system
You might also be interested in: