In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Molecular basis of Inheritance
The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying.
- The difference between nucleotide and nucleoside
- What is Chargaff rule?
- Problem based on chargaff rule
- Satiability of DNA STRANDS when percentage of the nitrogen bases is given like
- There are 2 strand of DNA named as strand 1 and strand 2. Strand 1 has 30% of AT and 70% of GC component while strand 2 has 45% of AT and 55% of GC component. Both strand are heated at 90 degree temperature .Which strand will be
1. Most stable
2. Least stable
3. Reason for the above 1 and 2
- If the sequence of one strand of DNA is written as 5'-ATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGC-3'
- Then how you will write the sequence of complementary strand in 5'→3' direction.
- If the sequence of the coding strand in a transcription unit is written as 5'-ATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGC-3' then how you will write the sequence of mRNA.
- Which property of DNA double helix led Watson and Crick to hypothesis semi-conservative mode of DNA replication? Explain.
- How did Hershey and Chase differentiate between DNA and protein in their experiment while proving that DNA is the genetic material?
- Difference between
(a) Repetitive DNA and Satellite DNA
(b) mRNA and tRNA
(c) Template strand and Coding strand
- In the medium where E. coli was growing, lactose was added, which induced the lac operon. Then, why does lac operon shut down some time after addition of lactose in the medium?
- lac operon model with diagram
- Splicing of RNA
- What was the goal of human genome project and why it was called as mega project?
- What is transcription?
- What are the two specific role of ribosome during protein synthesis?
- Translation process with diagram
- What is bioinformatics and its application in agriculture and pharmacology?
- What is VNTR?
- What is southern blotting?
- WHAT IS DNA polymorphism?
- Full form of BAC, YAC and UTR
- Definition of SNP
- Sequence annotation and expressed sequenced tag
- Function of β galactosidase and transacetylase
- What is role of genetic code?
- Role of σ factor and ρ factor
- Diagram of transcriptional unit
- Function of CsCl
- What is the conclusion of semi conservative replication?
- Steps of Hershey and Chase experiment with explanation
- What was the motto of Griffith experiment?
- Difference between heterochromatin and euchromatin.
- Nature of histone protein (negative charge / positive charge, acidic / basic).
- What will happen if we will turn the structure of tRNA during protein synthesis?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get this type of articles and much more