Here you can find GS sample paper 1 for IAS( Civil Services) Prelim exam 2013. It will help in fetching more marks in the examination. The nature of exam is such that you need to do a lot of practice before facing the actual test. The sample papers can provide you valuable inputs during your exam preparation. It will give you an edge over other competitors. The sample papers will give you an idea about the pattern of Civil services exam and develop a strategy in advance.
1. Consider the following statements:
1. All artists are whimsical.
2. Some artists are drug addicts.
3. Frustrated people are prone to become drug addicts.
From the above three statements it may be concluded that
a) Artists are frustrated.
b) Some drug addicts are whimsical.
c) All frustrated people are drug addicts.
d) Whimsical people are generally frustrated.
2. Examine the following statements:
1. Either A and B are of the same age or A is older than B.
2. Either C or D are of the same age or D is older than C.
3. B is older than C.
Which one of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
a) A is older than B
b) Band D are of the same age
c) D is older than C
d) A is older than C
3. Examine the following statements:
1. Only those who have a pair of binoculars can become the members of the birdwatcher's club.
2. Some members of the birdwatcher's club have cameras.
3. Those members who have cameras can, take part in photo-contests.
Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
a) All those who have a' pair of binoculars are members of the birdwatcher's club.
b) All members of the birdwatcher's club have a pair of binoculars.
c) All those who take part in photo-contests are members of the birdwatcher's club.
d) No conclusion can be drawn.
4. During the last summer vacation, Ankit went to a summer camp where he took part in hiking, swimming and boating. This summer, he is looking forward to a music camp where he hopes to sing, dance and learn to play the guitar. Based on the above information, four conclusions, as given below, have been made. Which one of these logically follows from the information given above?
a) Ankit's parents want him to play the guitar.
b) Ankit prefers music to outdoor activities.
c) Ankit goes to some type of camp every summer.
d) Ankit likes to sing and dance.
5. Three persons A, Band C wore shirts of black, blue and orange colours (not necessarily in that order) and pants of green, yellow and orange colours (not necessarily in that order). No person wore shirt and pants of the same colour. Further, it is given that
1. A did not wear shirt of black colour.
2. B did not wear shirt of blue colour.
3. C did not wear shirt of orange colour.
4. A did not wear pants of gr7 colour.
5. B wore pants of orange colour.
What were the colours of the pants and shirt worn by C, respectively?
a) Orange and black
b) Green and blue
c) Yellow and blue
d) Yellow and black