Jagran Josh Logo
  1. Home
  2. |  
  3. Civil Services|  

IAS Questions for Prelims: 5 December 2017

Dec 5, 2017 17:10 IST
    IAS Questions for Prelims 5 December 2017
    IAS Questions for Prelims 5 December 2017

    The IAS aspirants should aware of the topics which have been in the headlines of the news recently are very important for IAS Prelims Exam as well as for the IAS Mains Exam. Questions based on such relevant topics can be asked in the upcoming IAS Exam 2018 and the IAS aspirants should not ignore such topics of current affairs during IAS preparation.

    IAS Prelims Exam Guide

    1. In terms of its Framework Agreement, with ratification by Guinea as the 15th country, which of the following organisations to become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organization recently?
    a. International Solar Alliance (ISA)
    b. International Maritime Organization (IMO)
    c. Universal Postal Union
    d. International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY)

    Answer: a

    Explanation:

    With the ratification by Guinea as the 15th country on 6th November 2017, the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organization tomorrow in terms of its Framework Agreement on 6th December 2017. The ISA, headquartered in India, has its Secretariat located in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy, Gwalpahari, Gurgaon, Haryana.

    The ISA is an Indian initiative, jointly launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi and the President of France on 30th November 2015 in Paris, on the sidelines of COP-21, the UN Climate Conference. It aims at addressing obstacles to deployment at the scale of solar energy through better harmonization and aggregation of demand from solar rich countries lying fully or partially between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn. As of date, 46 countries have signed and 19 countries have ratified the Framework Agreement of ISA.

    IAS Questions for IAS Prelims 2018: September 2017

    2. The Government to Government Umbrella Agreement between the Government of India and the Government of which of the following country has been signed recently?
    a. France
    b. USA
    c. Germany
    d. Japan

    Answer: c

    Explanation:

    Recently, between the Governments of India and the Federal Republic of Germany, the Government to Government Umbrella Agreement concerning Financial Cooperation in 2016 (II) under the Indo-German Development Cooperation has been signed. The signed agreement will formalise an amount up to Euro 200 million for the Financial Cooperation in form of loan for the project ‘Climate Friendly Urban Mobility III’ and Euro 11 million Accompanying measures in form of a grant for four projects.

    IAS Questions for IAS Prelims 2018: August 2017

    3. Researchers of which of the following premier institutes of India have successfully developed a low-cost piezo-resistive vibration sensor using polyurethane foam coated with carbon nanomaterial-based ink?
    a. IIT Kanpur
    b. IIT Bombay
    c. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
    d. ISRO

    Answer: b

    Explanation:

    Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay have successfully made low-cost piezo-resistive vibration sensors using polyurethane foam coated with carbon nanomaterial-based ink. These sensors can be used for monitoring the health of industrial machines and equipment and help identify incipient failures thereby enabling efficient maintenance schedule planning.

    The ink is made of functionalised multi-walled nano-tubes that are dispersed in a reduced graphene oxide matrix. It is conductive due to the presence of a large number of multiwalled nanotubes. The ink, which uniformly coats the pores of the foam when dipped-coated, imparts piezo-resistive properties. Conductive sheets (made of indium titanium oxide coated polyethene teraphalate) were pasted on the top and bottom sides of the foam and electrical wires connected to the sheets for measurements.

    Current Affairs Quizzes for IAS Prelims 2018: July 2017

    4. Recently, which of the following two countries have formed a new economic and partnership group?
    a. UAE and Saudi Arabia
    b. India and Germany
    c. Bahrain and Qatar
    d. Qatar and USA

    Answer: a

    Explanation:

    The United Arab Emirates has announced the formation of a new economic and partnership group with Saudi Arabia on 5 December 2017. The new group would be separate from the Gulf Cooperation Council. The announcement was made by Emirati Foreign Ministry, just hours ahead of a GCC meeting in Kuwait. The new ‘joint cooperation committee’ has received approval from UAE’s ruler and president, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Earlier, the Gulf Cooperation Council has member countries like Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

    IAS Questions for IAS Prelims 2018: June 2017

    5. Recently, ILO has released World Social Protection Report 2017-2019. Consider the following statements regarding this:
    1. The recent report depicts that only 45 per cent of the global population is effectively covered by at least one social benefit, while the remaining 55 per cent that is 4 billion people are left unprotected.
    2. As per the report, only 29 per cent of the world population enjoys access to social security, while the other 71 per cent population is not or partially protected.
    3. The ILO report looks at specific aspects of social protection, providing global and regional findings based on newly available data.

    Which of the above statement is true?
    a. 1 and 2
    b. 2 and 3
    c. 1 and 3
    d. 1, 2 and 3

    Answer: d

    Explanation:

    The International Labour Organisation (ILO) has released the World Social Protection Report 2017-2019. The World Social Protection Report depicts that only 45 per cent of the global population is effectively covered by at least one social benefit, while the remaining 55 per cent that is 4 billion people are left unprotected.

    The ILO report looks at specific aspects of social protection, providing global and regional findings based on new data. It also recommends an increase of public expenditure on social protection to extend social protection coverage, especially in Africa, Asia and the Arab States.

    IAS Questions- 2016 for IAS Prelims 2018

    Latest Videos

    Register to get FREE updates

      All Fields Mandatory
    • (Ex:9123456789)
    • Please Select Your Interest
    • Please specify

    • By clicking on Submit button, you agree to our terms of use
      ajax-loader
    • A verifcation code has been sent to
      your mobile number

      Please enter the verification code below

    Newsletter Signup
    Follow us on
    X

    Register to view Complete PDF