Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Umiam, Meghalaya invites applications from Indian Citizens for filling up the following posts for Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK). The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 31 March 2014.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 31 March 2014.
Details of Posts
- Agronomy: 02 (Two).
- Plant Protection: 01 (One).
- Horticulture: 01 (One).
- Animal Science: 01 (One).
- Social Sciences: 02 (Two).
- Soil & Water Conservation Engg: 01 (One).
- Farm Manager: 02 (Two).
- Lab. Assistant: 02 (Two).
- Computer Programmer: 01 (One).
- Candidate possessing Master Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field as per the requirement of the post.
- Master Degree in any branch of Agronomy / Plant Pathology/ Entomology/ Plant Protection/ Horticulture/ Veterinary Science/ Social Science/ Agricultural Extension/ Agricultural Economics/ Soil Science/ Soil & Water Conservation Engg.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/ Science/ BCA/ B. Sc. in computer Science.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Maximum Age Limit for the candidate should be 35 years as on closing date of application for posts 1 to 6.
- Maximum Age Limit for the candidate should be 30 years as on closing date of application for the post 7 to 9.
- Age relaxable as per Govt. rules.
Pay Scale/ Salary
- Pay Band PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- Per Month for posts 1 to 6.
- Pay Band PB – 2 and Pay Scale of Rs. 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200/- Per Month for posts 7 to 9.
Candidates will have to pay application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred) only in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Director, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umiam. Application fee for SC/ST/PWD category is Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred)only.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with self- attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC), Postal Order and a recent passport size photograph should be affix on the application must reach to the the Director, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umroi Road, Umiam – 793 103, Meghalaya on or before 31 March 2014.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.