IIM-Kozhikode: Globalizing Indian Thoughts
CAT examination will be conducted in another two months. Colleges have already started accepting applications. Know which the best ones are.
IIM-Kozhikode was incepted in 1996 spread over a 100 acres of land in the ancient city of Calicut, Kerala. It’s first batch started in 1997 with 42 students. This led to a furious & continuous growth ever since then making the current strength of the batch to be around 356 students thereby placing the institute as one of the fastest emerging B-schools in India.
1. The most picturesque and oxy-rich campus in the nation.
2. World class infrastructure including LAN/WAN connectivity, air conditioned classrooms.
3. Dedicated administrative staff of 66 that very well manages the entire system.
• Post Graduate Program (PGP)
• Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGP)
• Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
• Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGP- Part-Time) -Kochi Campus.
UNIQUE PROGRAMS OFFERED
• Management Development Program (MDP)
• Faculty Development Program (FDP)
• International Exchange Program (IEP)
PGP- DETAILED OVERVIEW
|1.||PGP- Courses Offered [CORE]||(a) Economics,
(b) Finance, Control & Accounting,
(c) Humanities & Liberal Art in Management,
(d) Information Technology & Systems,
(e) Marketing Management,
(f) Organizational Behavior & Human Resources,
(g) Quantitative Methods & Operations Management,
(h) Strategic Management.
|2.||ADMISSION PROCESS||• Only through CAT
• Selection rate - 1 out of 100.
• Expected Percentile in CAT - 85+
|3.||COURSE FEES||Rs. 9,70,000/-|
|4.||PLACEMENTS||More than 100% placements every year in almost all the sectors and Industries.|
|5.||BRIEF REPORT OF PLACEMENT OF THE BATCH 2012-14||• 355 offers to 354 participating students.
• A 10% increase in annual compensation figure as compared to last year.
• Pre-placement offers- Increased by 37% as compared to last year.
• Total no. Of recruiters- 108, New Recruiters- 39
• Total no. Of International Offers- 25+
• Highest domestic salary- 32 LPA
• Sector-wise Break up: FMCG(10%), BFSI(20%), SERVICES(15%), ITES(19%), CONGLOMERATES(6%), CONSULTING(19%), OTHERS(11%).
EPGP- DETAILED OVERVIEW
|1.||Executive Post Graduate Programs [EPGP]||• Started in 2001
• For Working Professionals.
• 2 year Post Graduate diploma program in Management and 1 year post-graduate certification program in General Management [EPGCGM].
|2.||Study Learning Modules||• Interactive Learning Module
• In-Campus Modules
|3.||4 Functional Workshops||a) On Leadership
b) On Entrepreneurship
c) On Business Research Methods & Consulting
d) On Integrative Capstone Business Stimulating
|4.||Fee Structure||a) For Executive PGP in Management [EPGP]- Rs 7,30,000 for 2 years.
b) For Executive Post Graduate Certificate In General Management [EPGCGM]- Rs 3,50,000 + 12.36% service tax.
c) For rest of the Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programs- Rs 1,75,000 + 12.36% service tax
OTHER PROGRAMMES ANALYSIS
• Fellow Programme in Management [FPM] :-
a) It’s a full-time residential doctoral programme.
b) Areas of specialization- Economics, Finance, Control & Accounting, Humanities & Liberal Art in Management, Information Technology & Systems, Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior & Human Resources, Quantitative Methods & Operations Management, Strategic Management.
c) Eligibility- Professional Qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS, LLB, MBBS etc with minimum 55% marks and 3 years plus of work experience OR Post graduate degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks OR Engineering Degree with at least 60% marks.
d) Qualifying exam- Valid Test scores of any of these not older than 2 years from the seeked year of admission to the programme - CAT, GATE, GRE, UGC JRF, GMAT, GATE or CSIR JRF.
• Management Development Program (MDP) :-
a) Provides working executives state-of-art concepts and practices of management.
b) Provides insights into Managerial concepts and intricacies of management.
c) It has all the related specializations and fees are charged according to the Area of specialization opted and the type of programme chosen i.e Residential or Non-Residential. Normally the residential fees charged is Rs 35,500/- & the non-residential fees charged is Rs 30,500/- per area of specialization.
• Faculty Development Program (FDP) :-
a) It is guided towards the strengthening of the nation’s infrstructure for management, education & training.
b) IIM-Kozhikode offers this programme among many B-Schools in India.
c) This is facilitated under different and separate Programme titles via designated facilitators & the fees is Rs 12000 for Educational and Rs 20,000 for Non-Educational programmes.