Applications are invited from unmarried male candidates, Indian Nationals possessing educational qualifications and other details for filling up the following post of “Assistant Commandant” as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in various branches. Short Service Appointments as “Assistant Commandant” for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years. The candidates eligible for the post may apply ONLINE on or before 05 June 2014.
- Opening Date of Online Submission of Applications: 26 May 2014.
- Closing Date of Online Submission of Applications: 05 June 2014.
- Date of taking Print Out of Admit Card: 09 June 2014.
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant
- General Duty Branch/ General Duty (Pilot and Navigator or Observer)
Bachelor’s degree of recognised university. Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII with 60% aggregate marks of both subjects.
- Technical Branch (Mechanical and Electrical) :
(i) Engineering Degree or Should have passed Sections A and B examination from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks.
Naval Architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and Production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace recognized by AICTE.
Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. or Power Electronics recognized by AICTE.
(ii) 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class. Or
(iii) Three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%.
- For Short Service Appointments
(i) Twelfth (12th) class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current/ valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) approved by DGCA on the date of Preliminary Selection (for Pilots).
(ii) Same as above (for General Duty).
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit for the candidate should be between 20 to 24 years for some Branches and 20 to 24 years for some Branches (born between 01 Jul 1990 to 01 Jun 1994 or 1996 (Both dates inclusive)).
Pay Scale & Allowances
Pay Band (PB -3) and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- Per Month.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply ONLINE through the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in on or before 05 June 2014.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
- Preliminary Test is the Aptitude Test which consists of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT).
- And then the Final Selection which includes Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test).