Jawaharlal Nehru University was established by an act of parliament in 1969 and is mainly a research oriented postgraduate university. It has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to its 13 schools.
Schools of Study in Jawaharlal Nehru University
- School of International Studies
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Computational And Integrative Sciences
10. School of Biotechnology
11. Centre for Molecular Medicine
12. Centre for Sanskrit Studies
13. Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Important Dates for Admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Closing of sending Application Form (Monsoon Semester): 15 February 2013
- Closing of sending Application Form by Post (Winter Semester): 14 October 2013
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of viva-voce or written examination and viva-voce both as may be decided by the University both in Monsoon and Winter Semesters in various areas of research.
How to Apply for admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University: Candidates seeking admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University should send applications
Application Fee: Application fee for General and OBC Category Candidates is Rs 420, Rs 310 for SC/ ST/ PH Category, Rs 110 for BPL (Below Poverty Line) Category Candidates and Rs 1450 for Foreign National Candidates.
Set of Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained through Post or in person in Room No. 28, Administrative Block of the University by sending crossed Bank Draft drawn in favour of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru University’ payable at NEW DELHI.
In addition, following set of documents are to be submitted at the time of application
- 2 attested copies of each of the certificates and mark-sheets of the examinations stated to have been passed by the candidate including certificate showing the age of the candidate.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a Foreign University should submit all the relevant information/documents which may justify the equivalence of their qualifications.
- List of papers /subjects taken by the candidate (complete) at Bachelor's and Master's level examinations stated to havebeen passed by him/her
- Two testimonials from persons, one of whom should preferably be a former teacher of the applicant
- Copies of publication(s) of the candidate, if any, which he /she considers to be the most representative of his/her intellectual ability
- A brief note (one copy) stating the candidate's area of specialised interest of research, if any, and his future professional goals, and such other additional information that may help his/her selection to the programme of study
- A research proposal of about1000 words is to be submitted by the candidate alongwith Application Form
Note: Candidates should not send Application Form via Private Courier Services
For more information on admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University, please CLICK HERE