In the past few years, education system is making drastic change worldwide with the onset of gradual improvement in the technology. The conventional method of education comprising teacher giving lectures to more than 40-50 students in a classroom with limited resources and with a linear method is now being given a backseat in today’s world. In the present era of internet age, classrooms are also going online.
E-learning is an interactive method of providing education with use of electronic media and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). It embodies the use electronic presentation and delivery of text, audio, visual, images, video streaming and use of different types of multimedia for education.
However with the constant efforts to upsurge the use of E-learning in place of traditional method of education, it is important to assess both its pros and cons.
Why E learning is a good substitute of classroom learning?
• Distance Learning: E-learning breaks the limitation of physical barrier. Due to its wide reach it allows student from any part of the world to access education dealing with any subject.
• Interactive education: With E-learning students are exposed to different methods of education. The use of images, sound, text, videos can lead to better understanding of any subject and student feels more active through such system. E learning breaks the conventional monotonous system of education when a teacher used to lecture on the subject in the same boring manner.
• Self Spaced: E learning allow to study anywhere without any proper requirement of school infrastructure. Students can learn on any subject sitting anywhere and when they feel to study.
• Time Saving: Through E learning one can easily go through any subject without wasting time on the subjects which doesn’t require thorough study or easily understandable.
• Better Investment: Instead of spending huge money on school infrastructure, education through e learning does not require any physical set up and it is very low in cost also.
Where E learning fails?
• Computer literacy: E learning is not a viable option where people are not literate with computer knowledge.
• Availability of equipment: It necessitates the availability of electronic equipments and internet connection and people should know to access it also.
• Distracting: Internet is itself has the plethora of variety of items to be accessed by users. It is not necessarily important that students will focus on the right subject.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.