Ministry of Culture, National Museum, New Delhi invited applications for recruitment to the post of Young Museum Professionals / Conservators, Consultant/Sr. Conservator and Assistant Photographers. Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format on or before 31 May 2014. The National Museum in New Delhi is one of the largest museums in India. Established in 1949, it holds variety of articles ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art. It functions under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 31 May 2014
Name of the posts:
- Young Museum Professional: 6
- Young Museum Conservator: 6
- Museum Consultant: 1
- Sr. Conservator: 2
- Assistant Photographer: 2
Total No. of Vacancies: 17 Posts
- Young Museum Professional: Rs.25000/- per month
- Young Museum Conservator: Rs.25000/- per month
- Museum Consultant: Rs.35000/- per month
- Sr. Conservator: Rs.35000/- per month
- Assistant Photographer: Rs.20000/- per month
- Young Museum Professional: Master Degree in Museology or History of Art or Indian History or Ancient Indian History or Archaeology or Cultural Studies or Epigraphy or Anthropology or Sanskrit or Pali or Persian or Arabic and having good Computer skills.
- Young Museum Conservator: Master Degree in Conservation of Art or Heritage Management or MSc in Chemistry or Fine Arts (Drawing and Painting).
- Museum Consultant: Master Degree in Museology or History of Art or Indian History or Ancient Indian History or Archaeology or Cultural Studies or Epigraphy or Anthropology or Sanskrit or Pali or Persian or Arabic with good Computer skills and having Working knowledge about museums and Handling antiquities.
- Sr. Conservator: Retired Conservation Professional or minimum 10 years experience in the field of conservation of wall paintings/museum objects/paintings.
- Assistant Photographer: 12th class passed, Certificate of training in Photography with 2 years practical experience as Photographer in a Government Department or reputed Photo Studio and having excellent computer skills, particularly in photo editing software Photoshop.
Candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of Interview.
How to apply
- Eligible candidates can apply in prescribed format.
- The application complete in all respects along with self-attested photocopies of all certificates and recent passport size photograph should be sent by registered/speed post to the Administrative Officer, Government of India, Ministry of Culture, National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi-110011 before 31 May 2014.