SMIT-2015 (for B.Tech. admissions) is conducted every year by the Manipal University for the admission to various technical courses of Manipal Institute of Technology. The exam duration for SMIT-2015 is of 150 minutes. Every candidate must go through the exam pattern of the exam so that he/she can get a glimpse of the exam like the type & level of questions asked, marking scheme etc. All these things are very important as it will help the candidate in preparing the strategy during the exam.
Complete examination pattern of SMIT-2015 for B.Tech. admission is as follows:
- Duration of the Exam: 2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)
- Total Number of Question: 200
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Sections: The exam comprises 4 different sections:
- Physics: 50 Questions
- Chemistry: 50 Questions
- Mathematics: 70 Questions
- English & General Aptitude: 30 Questions.
Each question carries one mark and each correct answer will be awarded one mark.
There is no negative marking for the wrong answer or unanswered questions.
In case of a tie, inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the order of preference as under:
- Mathematics in MUOET/SMIT-2015
- Physics in MUOET/SMIT-2015
- Chemistry in MUOET/SMIT-2015
- PCM marks in 10+2