Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has been organising National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) Examination (commonly known as NDA Exam) twice a year, usually in the months of April and September for which UPSC issues notifications in months of December/January and June respectively.
NDA & NA Exam is being organised by UPSC for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA for year wise courses and Indian Naval Academy year wise Course.
Jagranjosh is providing complete selection procedure of NDA & NA Examination for the candidates aspiring to join defence forces, e.g. Indian Army, Navy an Air Force, as below-
1. The candidates willing to NDA & NA exam would appear a written test organised by UPSC at various centres across the country.
2. The NDA & NA Examination written test is followed by extensive interviews (conducted by SSB) covering general aptitude, psychological testing, team skills as well as physical and social skills, along with medical tests.
3. The candidates willing to join Air Force would additionally go for a Pilot Aptitude Battery Test.
4. Candidates who qualify NDA & NA Exam and will to join any of the wings of National Defence Academy (Army, Navy & Air Force) are trained in the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla (Maharashtra) for three years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
5. The Candidates who qualify the different stages of NDA & NA exam and willing to Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo four years B. Tech course and would be given opportunity to join Executive & Technical Branches of Indian Navy.
6. Apart from academic training cadets are also trained in outdoor skills, like Drill, PT and games; apart from one of the foreign languages up to the lower B1 level (according to the international standards).
7. The cadets who successfully complete the program are sent to their respective training academies for one year of training before granting of commission.
8. After the course, the cadet would go for one year training. Army cadets go to IMA at Dehradun, Air Force cadets to AFA at Dundigal, Hyderabad, and naval cadets to INA, Ezhimala, Kerala.
9. A cadet can only decline a commission in case of a serious permanent medical condition caused during the program.