National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invited applications from the eligible candidates for filling up the following posts of “Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Supervisor” on temporary basis. The duration of the project is 3 years. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 30 April 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 30 April 2014.
Details of Posts
- Name of Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- No. of Posts: 02 (Two)
Details of Project
- to work in the DRDO - ERIPR Research Project entitled "Influence of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding on Microstructure and Tensile Properties of Cu Modified Ti-6A1-4VAlloy", sanctioned by Directorate of Extramural Research & Intellectual Property Rights (ER & IPR), DRDO.
- to work in the BRNS Research Project entitled “Development and evaluation of wear properties of boron carbide and chromium diboride for control rod applications in nuclear reactor”, sanctioned by Department of Atomic Energy, BRNS Secretariat, Government of India.
- For Post 1
(i) B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Metallurgy / Materials / Mechanical Engineering with I Class from recoganised University.
(ii) M.E./ M. Tech. degree in Metallurgy / Materials / Mechanical Engineering with I Class from recoganised University.
(iii) GATE Qualification.
- For Post 2
(i) B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Metallurgy / Materials / Mechanical Engineering / Ceramic Engineering with I Class from recoganised University.
(ii) M.E./ M. Tech. degree in Metallurgy / Materials / Mechanical Engineering / Ceramic Engineering with I Class from recoganised University
(iii) GATE Qualification.
- The fellowship will be paid at the rate of Rs. 16,000/- plus 20% HRA Per Month during the first two years and Rs. 18,000/- plus 20% HRA Per Month during the 3rd year, if upgraded as SRF.
- The fellowship is for a period of three years / coterminous with the closure of the project. Further, there is a possibility for the candidate to register for Ph.D. in NIT Warangal.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in prescribed proforma along with copies of relevant testimonials/ certificates and send it to the “G. V. S. Nageswara Rao, Principal Investigator of the DRDO -ERIPR Project & Professor, (Principal Investigator of the BRNS Project & Professor) Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engg., National Institute of Technology, Warangal - 506 004 (A. P) by post on or before 30 April 2014.
- A recent passport size photograph should be affix on the Application Form.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _______”.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible to the candidates for attending the Written Test/ Interview.
- The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- All incomplete applications in any respect to be rejected.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.