CBSE Social Science Practice Paper 2013 , given here.
1. After the French defeat at Dien Bien Phu:
a. Vietnam was liberated
b. Vietnam came under Japanese domination
c. Vietnam was divided among north and south
d. Ho Chi Minh became the president
2. Which of the following is not a part of indo- China?
3. Which of the following best describe satyagraha as an idea?
a. Practicing civil disobedience
b. Resignation from office post
c. Appealing to the conscience of the adversary without physical force.
d. Boycott of school and colleges.
4. Which of the following is not true about the Rowlatt act?
a. It allows the detention of prisoners for five years without trial
b. Gave government the power to repress political activity.
c. It passed despite opposition from Indian members in the Imperial Legislative Council.
d. Led to the launch of a movement under Gandhi ji’s leadership.
5. The best quality of iron ore is
6. The larger occurrence of minerals in igneous and metamorphic rocks are called: 1
7. The first successful textile mill was established in
8. Which one of the following is the oldest artificial port of the country?
9. Which of the following statements is not true about Nepal?
a. King Gyanendra, the new king of Nepal, was not prepared to accept democratic rule.
b. Nepal witnessed an extraordinary popular movement in April 2001.
c. On 24th April, king Gyanendra conceded to all the demands of SPA.
d. Girija Prasad Koirala was chosen as the new prime minister of the interim government.
10. Which among the following is the special feature that distinguishes a pressure group from a political party?
a. Parties take political stances, while pressure groups do not bother about political issues.
b. Pressure groups are confined to a few people, while parties involve larger number of people.
c. Pressure groups do not seek to get into power, while political parties do.
d. Pressure groups do not seek to mobilise people, while parties do.