NIACL AO 2018: Subject-wise Tips and Strategy for Preparation
Candidates who are going to appear in the NIACL AO exam are advised to go through the below preparation tips. These tips will help them score more in the exam.
NIACL is about to conduct the Prelims exam for the recruitment of Administrative Officers. The candidates, who qualify in the Prelims exam, will be called for the Mains exam. We have come up with the tips and strategies that will help the candidates in preparing for the coming NIACL AO exam.
Some General Tips for the Preparation of NIACL AO Exam
The NIACL AO exam has three levels. The first level is the Prelims exam and the second level is Mains exam. The candidates, who qualify both the stages of the exam, will be called for the interview. To get the final selection in the exam, it is necessary that the candidates prepare well. For preparing well, we have given some useful tips and strategies for the exam. Here are a few of them:
- The candidates should go through the complete Syllabus of the NIACL AO Exam first.
- After going through the syllabus of the exam, the candidates should refer to the previous year question papers of the exam to understand the nature, quality and difficulty level of the questions asked. Also, the candidates should practise these papers on a regular basis.
- The candidates should make notes and they should stick to it and revise it regularly.
- It is advised to the candidates that they should not change the books during their preparation. They should stick to the standard books only.
- The candidates should develop the habit of reading the newspapers. This will help them in the preparation of the English section.
- The candidates should prepare a comprehensive note on Quant, Reasoning, English Language and General Awareness.
- If possible, the candidates should enrol themselves for the test series so that they can get constant practice which will keep them exam ready without any fear of the exam.
- The NIACL AO exam is all about candidate’s patience, discipline and constant practice. So, they should develop a time-table and stick to it with sufficient time for revision in between.
- The candidates should keep themselves engaged with the magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and a good book on GK so that the General Awareness portion can be prepared well. They should also study about the banking and insurance industry.
- The candidates should plan group studies that are very helpful in the preparation of the exam. The candidates can discuss the day to day problems that they face in their subjects. It is to note that the purpose of the group study should not be to get entertained, but to remain constructive from the exam point of view.
- The candidates must stay away from the distractions like TV and mobile phones so that they can utilise their time in the best way. Excess of TV and mobile phones hamper the study.
- Last, but not the least, the candidates should keep themselves fit and fine. They should live stress free. This way, they can ease out the exam pressure.
Subject-wise Tips and Strategy for NIACL AO 2018
The above mentioned tips are general ways of preparation of an exam. For the NIACL AO exam, we are providing the subject-wise tips and strategies to prepare. These tips are as follows:
Tips for English Language
English Language is one of the most scoring sections in NIACL AO Exam 2018, which requires an excellent grasp over English grammar and language. The English section includes Passages, Common Errors, Fillers, Cloze Test, Antonyms, Synonyms and Theme Based Questions etc. To score well in English, the candidates are required to follow these tips:
- They should read and write on a daily basis. Reading helps in having a good command on the comprehension passage and writing enables the candidates to crack the descriptive part later in the exam.
- The candidates should make their vocabulary strong and they should have clear concepts of grammar.
- The candidates need to practise the questions in a time bound manner so that they can be able to manage time crunch in the exam. Many times, the questions take much of the time, so it is necessary that they should take as less time as possible.
- The candidates should take the mock test for the overall preparation of the section. This will also help them in analysing their strong and weak areas.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
The questions in QA section are usually from the topics of Number System, Ratios, Profit-Loss and Discount, Percentage, Average, Data Interpretation, Time and Work etc. For solving the questions of QA section, the candidates should follow these tips:
- The candidates should have the command of the required basic concepts.
- If the candidates have the clarity in concepts then it is easy to get to the right option.
- Speed is the most important factor in this section. If the candidates do not have the speed then there are chances that they will end up with few questions left.
- The candidates should not avoid any type of question considering it to be worthless because we never know which question would reflect in the exam.
- The candidates should practise this section on a daily basis to get the required speed in the exam.
- On a daily basis, the candidates should solve a mock test to have the overall preparation of the section.
- The candidates should analyse their strength and their weakness on a regular basis which can be done by themselves if they are solving the mock tests.
Tips for Reasoning
The questions in the Reasoning section are generally from the topics of Analogy, Input-Output, Classification, Syllogism, Inferences etc. For the preparation of the Reasoning Section, the candidates should follow these tips:
- The candidates should know the concepts of the topics of reasoning section.
- The candidates need to practise the topics on a daily basis since regular practise is required in this section.
- The Reasoning section requires mental alertness and logical skills. To be good in this section, the candidates should understand the nature of questions.
Tips for Professional Knowledge
The candidates who are applying for the posts of Specialist need to clear the Professional Knowledge section. This section may be the comfort zone for the candidates because this section is related to the stream or specialisation of the candidates. So, the candidates must have clear concepts of their subject if they want to do well in this section. Here are some tips to prepare this section:
- The candidates should go through their syllabus of specialisation well.
- They should practise the questions on a regular basis so that they can be ready for the exam.
- They should go through the previous year questions to know the pattern of the exam and prepare as per the trend of the questions.
We believe that the candidates will get benefit if they follow these tips during their preparation. These tips are tested and result oriented. The candidates should personalise these tips as per their requirement.