Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Fireman-cum-Fire Engine Driver (Trainee). Eligible candidates can apply online on or before 9 March 2014. SAIL is the leading steel-making company in India. It is a fully integrated iron and steel maker, producing both basic and special steels for domestic construction, engineering, power, railway, automotive and defence industries and for sale in export markets. SAIL is also among the four Maharatnas of the country's Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 10 February 2014
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 9 March 2014
Details of Post
- Name of the Post: Fireman-cum-Fire Engine Driver (Trainee)
- Total No. of Posts: 8
- Candidate should not less than 18 years and not more than 28 years as on 1 February 2014.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Candidate must possess 12th class or equivalent from a recognized institution or university with minimum 50% marks.
- Candidate should possess valid Driving License for Heavy Motor Vehicles.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category will be required to pay application fee of Rs.150/- and Rs.50/- for SC/ST category.
- These fees should be in the form of cash only through any branch of State Bank of India in a specially opened Account No. 32549519300 at sector-1 Branch, Bhilai, on behalf of BSP, SAIL “SBI Challan” available on the website.
- Bank will charge Rs.20/- which is additional to the application fee.
- During training period, a consolidated pay of Rs.8,600/- p.m. during 1st year and Rs.10,000/- p.m. during 2nd year will be paid.
- After successful completion of training period, candidates will be regularized in the regular grade/ pay scale of Rs.8630-3%-12080/- (S-1).
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of the following:
- written exam
- physical ability test
- driving test
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can apply online through SAIL’s website www.sail.co.in and click on the link “Careers with SAIL” to open the On-Line Application Form before 9 March 2014.
- No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
- Candidates take a print out of the system generated application and keep it with you for future reference.