National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur announced recruitment notification for 123 Assistant Professor posts. The eligible candidates can apply through the prescribed format on or before 24 November 2017.
Advertisement Number - NITJSR/REG/ADVT/2017-18/CD/124
Last Date of Application - 24 November 2017
NIT Jamshedpur Vacancy Details
Assistant Professor - 123
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor Post
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Assistant Professor (on contract) Pay Band-3 with Grade Pay of Rs. 6000 - Ph.D in relevant discipline
- Assistant Professor (on contract) Pay Band-3 with Grade Pay of Rs.7000 - Ph.D in relevant discipline with one year post Ph.D. experience of Teaching and Research in Institution of repute or Industry
- Assistant Professor Pay Band-3 with Grade Pay of Rs.8000 - Ph.D in relevant discipline with three year experience after Ph.D. or six year total teaching and research experience in reputed academic Institute Or Research and Development Labs or relevant industry.
Selection Procedure for Assistant Professor Post
Shortlisted applicants will be required to appear for Power Point Presentation highlighting their work experience, projects handled etc. (duration of not more than ten minutes), Group discussion and Personal Interview. Accordingly, weightage is assigned to the following parameters for the final selection:
- Qualifying Degree Marks - 20 % marks
- Work Experience in the relevant job/area - 40 % marks
- Power Point Presentation - 10 % marks
- Group Discussion - 10% marks
- Personal Interview - 20 % marks
How to Apply for NIT Jamshedpur Assistant Professor Post 2017
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to "Registrar, National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, Jamshedpur-831014, Jharkhand, India" on or before 24 November 2017.
Application Fees for Assistant Professor Post
- UR /OBC - Rs. 1500
- SC/ST & PWD - No Fee
The Application Fee should be remitted through Demand Draft in favour of Director, NIT Jamshedpur payable at Jamshedpur.