State Bank of India will be conducting Probationary Officer Recruitment Exam 2014. The written examination will be tentatively in month of June 2014 in order to recruit eligible candidates for the Post of Probationary Officer in different SBI Branch. The Phase I of recruitment process is segregated into Objective Tests (200) marks and Descriptive Test (50 marks).
The Descriptive Test of “Test Descriptive Test: of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing & essay)”contains 50 Marks which candidates have to complete in 1 hour duration. The candidates have to secure minimum passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of the specified Candidates who qualify the Objective Paper will be evaluated.
Jagranjosh.com is a ideal destination for the candidates where, the candidates get complete information about all banking exam like notifications, previous year question papers, Model Practice sets, Online test, Ebooks etc. our banking team develop each and every product by amalgamating proper ingredients after proper understanding of exam requirement. Here are some tips and strategies for SBI PO Descriptive Exam.
SBI P0 descriptive exam is conducted to checks the level of understanding and clarity of candidates. So to score high marks in descriptive paper are required to increase the clarity of thoughts in your writings. One can increase the level of clarity in several ways, which are mentioned below
Clarity of Structure: Meaningful titles, usage of pointers, short and simple sentence, enables the reader or examiner to keep up the large picture in focus.
Clarity of Writing Style: Proper word choice is major factor in stylistic clarity. Using simple vocabulary and sentence contributes to clarity of idea what candidates want to show.
Here we provide topic wise tips and strategies for the ease of candidates
- The utmost requirement of good letter is brevity. It means ability to write, where a word can convey the meaning.
- Repetition of same idea is to be avoided as it takes away the charm of letter.
- Brief but clear rule should be used.
- Ambiguous and vague expressions should be totally avoided
- One must cultivate and generate own style of writing rather copying style of other.
- It should be brief, clear and concise
- The length of précis should be one third of original passage
- It better to avoid unnecessary and superfluous concepts and idea
- There should be natural fluency in language of précis
- Simple and straight forward language should be used to convey the message
- Reading Comprehension is given for judging the capability of understanding the passage and power of analyzing the problem in correct perspective.
- Candidates should have good reading ability for attempting these questions.
- Underlining important instances and fact, increase in reading speed, keep forging ahead, formation of idea are some techniques, which help the candidate in going through this topic
- We should have definite purpose, point of view, and an intended reader.
- Thinking of different questions about the topic in mind and understanding of difference aspect will be useful in writing essay
- Answers to the questions generated in mind will enable the candidates to develop the ideas.