The candidates who have finished their first hurdle by giving the SBI PO examination, are now gearing up for the most awaited results of the same. The anxiety has risen to newer level among the aspirants and many of them might have already started to take preparation for the next round in the selection process. The Probationary Officer examinations were conducted successfully all throughout the nation by State Bank of India (SBI) from 14 June to 29 June 2014 in phases. Approximately 17 lakh students have gone through the examinations and are waiting keenly for the results and the cut off marks.
While the results are on its way the aspirants can use this time to their benefit for the later stages of the recruitment. The written test is one obstacle that they have gone through till now. There is a bigger hurdle waiting for them in the months to come when the candidates would need to go through interview and group discussion rounds.
Before the results get out, the candidates must indulge themselves in something that can help them prepare well for the next rounds. They should follow certain regimes to make sure that they get through to the cut.
- Take a break for Relaxing: The preparation for the written examination takes a lot of physical and mental toll of the candidates. They must take advantage of the time they get, until the cut off marks appear, to re-prepare themselves for the next round of selection. It is advised for the candidates to take a break for a few days and indulge themselves in something that soothes their mind and soul. They can plan a short trip to their favorite places, tune in to their favorite music and spend some time watching films of their choice. They can spend some time with their loved ones and plan some good time with the family to take a much needed break from the jig of studies that they had to gone through before the examinations.
- Work on the Errors: By this time the candidates who have given the examination, must have found what went wrong in the examinations. They can re-evaluate their paper in their homes and try to find out where they had committed mistakes. This could help them judging their own problem areas and find what not to do in the future examinations. Not only the questions attempted but the loop holes in the time-management and approach to solving questions could also be the areas to rethink about.
- Enhance Reading Ability & General Awareness: If you are feeling that your examination might have been a little good provided you have given your general awareness a little more time earnestly, then this is the time for you to work on it. Candidates often come with problems in papers like Logical Reasoning and General Awareness which affects their overall examination results. You should use this time of yours to sharpen the edges of your general awareness and enhance your reading ability by following current affairs through newspapers, magazines, online journals, news websites and books on general awareness. This might help you face the interview as well, if you get through in the written examinations.
- Try Practice Papers: Nothing beats preparing yourself through the help of practice papers. You get to know exactly how you are progressing and how you are going to deliver in the examinations by trying out practice sets and papers. These papers provide you a sample question set that the candidate is going to solve and finishing the paper on a stipulated time could give the candidates the much needed confidence before the examinations. You can make the most of your free time practicing these papers while you are waiting for the results. This might prepare you for the next examination as well, if you unfortunately can’t get through to the cut off marks this year.
- Renew yourself for better preparation: If you can’t make it through to SBI PO 2014, there is always a next chance. You must buckle up and prepare yourself anew for the other opportunities banging at your doorsteps. There are many other banks that are recruiting at this moment and your preparation can break any of the jobs for you at any given day. Take this time in-between to chalk out all the drawbacks that you had in the previous examination and start afresh. This might provide you the much needed confidence to crusade through the hurdles ahead.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Banking Group