SBI, the largest lender of the country is in news one more time. After starting minimum balance charges and merger of associate banks, this time it is for young graduates and entrepreneurs who will make a kill with the new Youth Fellowship Programme launched by the Mumbai-headquartered bank. In this article, we shall try to find out the details of the programme such as the objective of the programme, the target areas, the stipend amount and also the volunteers for the scheme. The catch is that you get paid by the bank even if you do not maintain a minimum balance in your account.
SBI Youth Fellowship Programme: A Lifetime Opportunity
SBI Youth Fellowship Program is an initiative by the largest commercial bank in the country to attract the young generation towards the development of the rural areas of the country. Even after these many years of independence, financial inclusion has not been achieved and rural people even do not have basic amenities of life in certain areas. With this programme, SBI wants to reach these areas and serve the populace there with the young generation of the country.
Under this scheme, you will be first given training by SBI for bringing about changes in the rural society in the country. You will be taught various issues faced by the rural area people and also the hands-on solutions for those issues. You get to have first-hand knowledge regarding various problems of the rural people. After that, you need to go to villages and help them in various ways with your problem-solving ability and entrepreneurship skills. You will be collaborating with leading NGOs in this initiative and also you get to lead the project team in villages for a particular project.
You get Rs 15000 per month as a stipend in this programme after you join. Apart from that you get travelling allowance, free food, and medical allowance as well. Even after completion of the course, you get Rs 30000 as one-time readjustment allowance from the bank. Sounds lucrative, right?
SBI Youth Fellowship Programme: What’s your takeaway apart from money?
An obvious incentive for this programme is the monetary benefit provided by the bank apart from other benefits. However, this is not everything that makes this programme an attractive package for youths.
- You will develop problem solving ability: The objective of the whole programme is to solve the issues faced by the villagers. In this case, you will certainly develop skills that will help you approach a problem in a manner in which it can be solved easily and efficiently.
- You get to know the rural areas: Most of you are from urban areas and you will get a chance to see the backwards regions of the country. This is still the real India and you will get to experience that first hand in your daily interactions with the villagers.
- You get to meet new people: For fresh graduates, this is a very good opportunity because of the exposure that you will get. You get to learn a lot of things and more importantly you get to know various kinds of people. This will enrich your experience and will help you understand the psyche of the other person.
- You will get to work with leading NGOs: SBI will tie up with leading NGOs for this initiative and you will get to work with them. You will learn a lot from the style of work and also the volume of work. This is a new experience for most of you and you will definitely cherish it in the future.
- You get to show your leadership Qualities: Well, in certain cases, you may get an opportunity to lead a project team if you are well versed with a particular locality. In this case, you will have to guide others regarding the problems persisting in a particular area and also the prevailing situation in that area.
- Your innovative and entrepreneurial skills will be honed: Well, this is important for you since after this, you will work somewhere and you need to have an innovative mindset to think out of the box in a given situation. Apart from that, you may also get to show your businessman side during this programme.
SBI Youth Fellowship programme is a great opportunity for young graduates as well as young professionals. You get to earn as well as learn many new things. The largest bank is giving you an opportunity to serve the country in an innovative manner and you should not miss the same at any cost.
All the best!!