There are two types of mode of exam for SRMJEEE-2015; (i) Computer based (Online exam) and (ii) Paper-Pencil based (Offline exam). Students aspiring for admission in the undergraduate engineering (B. Tech.) courses of SRM University, can opt for either of the two modes. The computer based exam will be conducted over four days depending upon the number of applicants while the Paper based test will be conducted on the same day across the country. Papers in both the modes will be of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes). There will be four sections in SRMJEEE-2015 paper and the total number of questions will be 140 (35 questions in each section) as follows:
- Part-1: Physics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks
- Part-2: Chemistry 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks
- Part-3: Mathematics 35 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks
- Part-4: Biology 50 questions with a total weightage of 105 marks (Optional for engineering aspirants)
- Total marks: 315
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer given Part-1, 2 & 3 and 0.7 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer in Biology.
- Medium of question paper will be English.
- Questions will be of objective type with single choice correct.