UPSC IAS Prelims: Indian Polity : MCQ Set 4 : Constituent Assembly
The Article provides the Multiple Choice Questions of Indian Polity - Constituent Assembly for IAS Prelims Exam. This article is eaually important for STATE PCS Exams.
1. The Constituent Assembly of India was step up under the framework of?
(a) Cripps mission (1942)
(b) Cabinet mission (1946)
(c) Simon commission (1927)
(d) None of these.
2. The all important drafting committee had two distinguished jurist and lawyers along with the chairman Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. They were?
(a) B.N Rau and Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer
(b) B.N Rau and S.N. Mukherjee
(c) Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer and K.M. Munshi
(d) K.M. Munshi and S.N. Mukherjee
3. After the creation of Constituent Assembly of Pakistan in 1947, the membership of Constituent Assembly of India was reduced to 299 from 389 earlier. What was the total number of members from the provinces in the Constituent Assembly?
4. The Constituent Assembly of India was passed and adopted on which of the following days?
(a) 24 January, 1950
(b) 26 January, 1950
(c) 26 November, 1949
(d) 29 August, 1947
5. The philosophy underlying the Indian constitution was embodied quite early in the Objective Resolution, which was moved in the first session of the Constituent Assembly (on 13 December 1946) by:
(a) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Chakravarti Rajagopalachari
(d) Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
6. The framers of Indian Constitution accommodated some of the best possible and time-tested features of other countries constitution like ‘Judicial Review ‘and ‘Preamble’? Name the country from which it has been incorporated?
7. The Objective Resolution was unanimously adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 22nd January 1947, had the following provisions as given below:
I. Adequate safeguards shall be provided for minorities, backward and tribal areas, and depressed and other backward classes.
II. All power and authority of the Sovereign Independent India, its constituent parts and organs of government, are derived from the people.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) I only
(c)Both I and II
(d)Neither I nor II
8. The provisions in the Constitution of India like Constitutional Amendment can be done by 2/3rd majority in Parliament and election of the members of Rajya Sabha on the basis of proportional representation are incorporated form ?
(a) Government of India Act, 1935
(c) Weimer Constitution of Germany
(d) Constitution of South Africa
9. The national Anthem was adopted by the constituent Assembly on which of the following day?
(a) 24 January, 1947
(b) 22 July, 1947
(c) 29 August, 1947
(d) 26 November, 1949
10. The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly had taken place on December 9, 1946 was presided by whom as its interim president?
(a) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(d) Dr. Sachidanand Sinha