Question: Who is present Governor of Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: Raghuram Rajan
- Raghuram Rajan is present governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- He has been appointed as RBI Governor for 3 years tenure succeeding D. Subbarao.
- He also prepared the Economic Survey for India for the year 2012-13.
- He was awarded with the Financial Times-Goldman Sachs prize in 2010 for his book ‘Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy’.
- He was the Chief Economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from October 2003 to December 2006.