Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like President’s visit to Palestine, Man Booker Prize 2015 and Discovery of new species of banana among others.
1. Name the Indian female bodybuilder who in October 2015 won a silver medal at the 49th Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Championship, held in Uzbekistan?
a) Rebita Kongbrailaptan
b) Shweta Rathore
c) Sibalika Saha
d) Ashwini Waskar
2. Scientists at the Botanical Survey of India (BSI) discovered a new species of banana, named Musa Indandamanensis, from the tropical rain forest of
3. President Pranab Mukhrejee visited Palestine between 12 October and 13 October 2015. Consider the statements in context of Mukherjee’s visit to Palestine.
I. Mukherjee is the second Indian head to visit Palestine after Giani Zail Singh.
II. President was conferred with Honorary Doctorate by Al-Quds University, Palestine.
III. Sharia-e-Al-hind (India road) and Midan-e-Al-hind (India roundabout) inaugurated
Which is/are correct?
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I and III
d) I, II and III
4. Who was named as the Finance Minister of the Year, Asia 2015 by the London-based publication Emerging Markets in October 2015?
a) Arun Jaitley, India
b) Korn Chatikavanji, Thailand
c) Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Singapore
d) Atiur Rahman, Bangladesh
5. Who was designated with the UNESCO Artist for Peace on 13 October 2015?
a) Sayon Camara
b) Celine Dion
c) Han Meilin
d) Gilberto Gil
6. Etihad Airways on 13 October 2015 signed an information technology deal worth 700 million US dollars with which American multinational technology and consulting corporation?
b) Alliance Consulting
7. Who was elected as the President of Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (AUSPI) on 13 October 2015?
a) Sunil Batra
b) Arun Kumar Singh
c) Alkesh Sharma
d) Amit Mathur
8. Bill Banvao, Inaam Pao scheme was launched on 13 October 2015 in which state to encourage people to receive or demand proper bills for purchases?
a) Madhya Pradesh
9. The Directorate of Animal Husbandry of Tamil Nadu in the second week of October 2015 banned the use of which drug to save the population of vultures?
10. Who was appointed as the MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda on 13 October 2015?
a) Ravi Venkatesan
b) Alkesh Sharma
c) P S Jayakumar
d) Amit Mathur
11. Who was elected as the President of Belarus for the fifth time on 11 October 2015?
a) Alexander Lukashenko
b) Tatiana Karatkevich
c) Sergei Gaidukevich
d) Nikolai Ulakhovich
12. Where was the 2nd meeting of the Signatories of the Memorandum of Understanding on the Conservation of Migratory Birds of Prey (Raptors MOU) held in October 2015?
13. Who was named as the Central Bank Governor of the Year, Asia 2015 by the London-based publication Emerging Markets in October 2015?
a) Raghuram Rajan, India
b) Atiur Rahman, Bangladesh
c) Korn Chatikavanji, Thailand
d) Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Singapore
14. How many lighthouses in the country will be developed as centres of tourism under PPP mode as per announcement made by the Ministry of Shipping on 13 October 2015?
15. Name the Jamaican writer who on 13 October 2015 won the 2015 Man Booker Prize for Fiction for his novel A Brief History of Seven Killings.
a) Marlon James
b) Kei Miller
c) Colin Channer
d) Jean D’Costa
1-(b) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(d) 12-(c)
3-(b) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(c) 10-(c) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.