PM Modi’s tution to Cabinet: Reach office by 9:30, avoid work from home
PM Modi is willing to give more powers to the state ministers as he said that important files must be shared with them by Cabinet ministers.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave some instructions to the council of ministers recently. Some of such instructions are like - reach office on time and avoid working from home to set an example for others. These instructions were released in first meeting of the council of ministers. PM Modi also asked senior ministers to hand-hold new ministers and help them to understand procedure.
PM Modi is willing to give more powers to the state ministers as he said that important files must be shared with them by Cabinet ministers. PM Modi is expecting more productivity with such steps.
Other instructions by PM Modi
• To clear proposals and to ensure faster approval on files, Modi said both the cabinet minister and his junior colleague can sit together.
• Emphasising on punctuality, Modi said that all the ministers should reach office on time and spend a few minutes discussing latest developments in the ministry with the officials.
• He further said ministers should come to office on a regular basis and avoid working from home.
• Cabinet ministers should keep meeting party MPs and general public on a regular basis and can start by meeting parliamentarians from their respective states.
• PM Modi also said that there is not much difference between a minister and an MP.
• Modi also talked about the five-year agenda which every ministry has to formulate and an impactful decision needs to be taken in the first 100 days of the government.
Cabinet approves SEZ (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved to introduce a Bill, namely, the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Bill, 2019 that is the Bill to replace the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 (12 of 2019). The Bill will be introduced in ensuing session of the Parliament.
After the amendment of sub-section (v) of section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005, a trust or any entity notified by the Central Government will be eligible to be considered for grant of permission to set up a unit in Special Economic Zones.