It is observed that questions based on the sports asked in almost every competitive exam held in India. So we have compiled 10 important and interesting questions and answers on the ICC Cricket World Cup.
1. How many teams are participating in the ICC World Cup 2019?
Explanation: There are 10 teams participating in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. There name s are; England, India, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
2. Which cricket team has won most ICC Cricket World Cup titles?
(a) West Indies
Explanation: There are 11 World Cup tournaments being held till date. Australia is the most successful country which has won 5 World Cup titles. India & West Indies are the only two countries which have won 2World Cup titles.
3. Which of the following country did not won the ICC Cricket World Cup (50 over format) title so far?
(b) South Africa
(c) New Zealand
(d) All of the above
Explanation: England, South Africa and New Zealand did not won any ICC Cricket World Cup title so far
4. Which of the following Indian player have got first “Man of the Tournament” Award in the ICC Cricket World Cup?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Yuvraj Singh
(c) Mohinder Amarnath
(d) M.S. Dhoni
Explanation: Since 1992, at the end of the World Cup, one player is declared as ‘Man of the Tournament’. Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh are only two Indian who have won ‘Man of the Tournament’ award. Sachin was the first Indian player who won it first time.
5. When was first ICC cricket World Cup started?
Explanation: The very first ICC cricket World Cup was played in England in 1975. West Indies won the both initial ICC World Cups held in 1975 and 1979. India has won this tournament by defeating West Indies in the final in 1983.
6. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about the ICC cricket World Cup?
(a) It is played after the gap of every 4 years.
(b) The “Man of the Match” award in the ICC cricket World Cup was started in the 1992.
(c) Pakistan and Sri Lanka are the other two countries that have won the World Cup in 1992 and 1996 respectively.
(d) England is the only country which lost 2 ICC World Cup finals.
Explanation: The “Man of the Match” award in the ICC cricket World Cup was started in the 1975. Clive Llyod was the first “Man of the Match” in Final of ICC Cricket World Cup of 1975.
7. Who is the youngest player in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?
(a) Jonny 'Blaze' Bairstow
(b) Yuzvendra chahal
(c) Mujeeb ur Rahman
(d) Kagiso Rabada
Explanation: Eighteen year old Mujeeb ur Rahman of Afghanistan is the youngest cricketer in the ICC World Cup 2019.
8. Which Indian cricketer had won the “Man of the Match” award in the final of the ICC World Cup 1983?
(a) Kapil Dev
(b) Sunil Gavaskar
(c) Ravi Shastri
(d) Mohinder Amarnath
Explanation: Mohinder Amarnath was declared “Man of the Match” award in the final of the ICC World Cup 1983. He took 3 wickets after spending 12 runs and made 26 runs.
9. Who was the captain of the Indian cricket team in the ICC World Cup 1983?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar
(b) Kirti Azad
(c) Kapil Dev
(d) None of these
Explanation: Kapil Dev was the captain of the Indian cricket team in the ICC World Cup 1983. In the final of ICC World Cup 1983; Kapil made 15 runs in 8 balls and took 1 wicket after spending 21 runs in the 11 over.
10. Which of the following country has hosted the ICC World Cup most times?
(d) West Indies
Explanation: England has hosted the ICC World Cup 5 times. India has hosted in 3 times in collaboration with other countries. But India will host this mega event alone in 2023.