GK Questions with answers on Science: Physics Set I
GK Questions with answers on Science: Physics Set I, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will helps the aspirants to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations like UPSC, SSC, State Services, CDS, NDA, railways etc as well as academic examinations.
1. Which of the following causes the production of Radiocarbon in the atmosphere?
A. Due to the Collision between fast neutrons and nitrogen nuclei present in the atmosphere
B. Due to the action of ultraviolet light from the sun on atmospheric oxygen
C. Due to the action of solar radiations particularly cosmic rays on carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere
D. Due to the lightning discharge in atmosphere
2. What is more convenient rolling of stone on a sloping road than to lift it vertical upwards?
A. Rolling is more convenient and more work done as compare to the lifting
B. The work done by the rolling stone is equal to the lifting
C. The work done in both is same but the rate of doing work is less in rolling
D. The work done in rolling a stone is less than in lifting it
3. Which of the following phenomena is involved in the absorption of ink by blotting paper?
A. viscosity of ink
B. capillary action
C. diffusion of ink
D. siphon action
4. What will happen when the siphon will failed to work?
A. The densities of the liquid are equal in the two vessels
B. The level of the liquid in the two vessels is at the same height
C. Both its limbs are of unequal length
D. The temperature of the liquids in the two vessels are the same
5. Which of the following phenomena is related with the large transformers, when used for some time, become very hot and is cooled by circulating oil?
A. The heating effect of current alone
B. Hysteresis loss alone
C. Both the heating effect of current and hysteresis loss
D. Intense sunlight at noon
6. Which of the following name of scientist is expressed as a unit of nuclear size?
7. Which of the following is the unit of light year?
C. Volume of Gas
D. Intensity of light
8. Which of the following reason is correct about an optical illusion in which atmospheric refraction by a layer of hot air distorts or inverts reflections of distant objects?
A. Due to unequal heating of different parts of the atmosphere
B. Due to magnetic disturbances in the atmosphere
C. Due to depletion of ozone layer in the atmosphere
D. Due to equal heating of different parts of the atmosphere
9. The amount of time light takes to reach the earth’s surface from the sun is:
A. 2 minutes
B. 4 minutes
C. 8 minutes
D. 16 minutes
10. Why the star appears to move from east to west?
A. Because all stars move from east to west
B. Because the earth rotates from west to east
C. Because the earth rotates from east to west
D. Because the background of the stars moves from west to east