Located in the southern and peninsular part of India, Telangana state is world famous for its beautiful hills and tourist sites. In the year 2009, Andhra Pradesh was divided into two different states, Telangana and Seemandhra. It has been seen in the last several years that many questions are asked in various central and state level competitive examinations based on the facts related to different states. So in this article, we are presenting a GK quiz based on facts related to Telangana state which is very useful for the students preparing for various competitive examinations.
1. Initially Telangana was a part of which princely state?
B. Nizam of Hyderabad
2. Who started the first campaign for separate Telangana state?
A. P. V. Narasimha Rao
B. K. Chandrasekhar Rao
C. Marri Chenna Reddy
3. How many Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha seats are in Telangana state?
A. Lok Sabha - 20 and Rajya Sabha - 9
B. Lok Sabha - 20 and Rajya Sabha - 7
C. Lok Sabha - 17 and Rajya Sabha - 7
D. Lok Sabha - 17 and Rajya Sabha - 4
4. In terms of area, what is the number of Telangana in Indian states?
5. Main language of Telangana state:
B. Telugu and Urdu
6. How many districts are in Telangana state?
7. Which district of Telangana is number one in population and area?
8. State festival of Telangana is:
9. State bird and state animal of Telangana is:
A. Lion and pride respectively
B. Indian Roller (Nilkanth) and Spotted Deer respectively
C. House Sparrows and Wild Buffalo respectively
D. Hill Maina and Nilgai respectively
10. State flower and state tree of Telangana is:
A. Rani and Chivan of the night respectively
B. Tangdoo (Kadad) and Shammi (Khaydhi) respectively
C. Brahma Kamal and Burrish respectively
D. Kamal and Banyan respectively