The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has opened the correction window to allow all schools to rectify errors in the List of Candidates (LOC) for board exam 2020. Schools can make the necessary corrections online between 04 November, 2019 and 11 November 2019. This is the last chance for schools to submit 100% accurate data which will be used further in organising the board examinations for class 10 and class 12.
As per the CBSE timelines, the last date for submission of the List of Candidates for 2020 examinations was 30 September, 2019 with normal fees and 14 October, 2019 with late fees for both class 10th and class 12th. But after the submission of LOC, many schools have requested the board for correction in data, considering which board has opened the correction window as a one-time measure to ensure correct details of all candidates appearing for CBSE Board Examinations 2020.
Screenshot of the circular by CBSE regarding correction in LOC is given below:
All schools, students and parents must take care of the following things while making corrections in the particulars of a candidate:
- Schools are able to make corrections in all fields.
- This is the last chance for class 10 students to select and make corrections in Mathematics Basic and Mathematic Standard.
- Similarly, in Class 10 Hindi A, Hindi B, Urdu A, Urdu B and in Class 12 Hindi Core, Hindi Elective, Sanskrit Core, Sanskrit Elective, Urdu Core, Urdu Elective,etc., it is the last chance to make any required changes or corrections.
- After the final submission of LOC, no request for correction in candidates particulars like his/her name, father’s name, mother’s name and DOB will be further accepted.
- Candidates cannot change their complete name in the list. They can only make corrections in it.
- Schools will not be allowed to add any new name in the list of candidates.
CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exams to Begin from February 2020
CBSE has released the annual activity calendar to announce the anticipated schedule for its various exam related and extra-curricular activities to be held in coming months. According to this annul calendar, CBSE examinations for both classes 10th and 12th will begin from 15 February, 2020 with the papers of all vocational subjects being conducted first. But for class 12, papers of major subjects will also commence form February 2020. Board is expected to release the complete examination schedule by the end of November 2020. This is the time when students should gear up with their exam preparations. They should have the right plan and right resources to get prepared for the finals to come. Check below some important resources by Jagranjosh to help you in effective preparation for board exams: