Here we are providing important resources and tips to prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Mathematics exam which will be held on 28 March, 2018.
In order to make a proper utilisation of the time available before the exam, here we are providing important resources to help students revise their whole years’ learning effectively in relatively less time. This preparation material will help you strengthen your knowledge making you able to write the exam in the best way and score optimum marks.
Given below are the important resources for the last minute preparations for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics exam:
1. Latest Question Paper Pattern
Students must have an idea of the question paper pattern so that they do not waste time in understanding the pattern of questions and marking scheme on the exam day. Moreover, having an idea of the various sections employed in the question paper and weightage allotted to them will help you make an appropriate strategy to prepare for different sections and then write them in a manageable way.
Get the latest pattern for Class 10 Mathematics Exam form the following link:
2. Previous Years’ Solved Question Papers
Previous years’ question papers of class 10 Mathematics given here will offer a variety of problems to solve and give you the practice to code and know what kind of questions might be asked in your board exam paper. All these papers are fully solved.
Access the fully solved previous years’ question papers for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics (2010-2017) form the following link:
3. CBSE Sample Papers
CBSE sample papers are quite important to understand the type and pattern of questions asked in the board exams. Moreover, solving the problems designed by subject experts at CBSE form a perfect source to gauge your preparation level.
To get the CBSE sample papers for Class 10 Mathematics go to the following link:
(Marking schemes are also provided here along with the sample papers)
4. Guess Papers and Practice Papers
Mathematics is one such subject which can be learnt by intensive practice only. Sets of guess papers and practice papers given here will present you a variety of problems solving which you may strengthen your concepts and learning.
Find below the links to class 10 Mathematics Guess papers and practice papers for board exams 2018:
5. Important Questions
Here we have prepared separate sets of questions for different categories to be structured in the CBSE Class 10 Question Paper 2018. Questions for 1 mark, 2 marks, 3 marks and 4 marks categories are given here. All these questions are designed as per the latest format and syllabus of class 10 Maths.
Given below is the link to access important questions for class 10 Mathematics exam 2018:
6. NCERT Text Book, NCERT Solutions and NCERT Exemplar Problems
NCERT study material is the most reliable source to succeed the class 10 Mathematics board exam as the questions asked in the board exam paper are entirely based on the topics and concepts given in the NCERT textbook. The problems given in NCERT Exemplar Book are often asked in the board exams without any change.
Get the NCERT Book, NCERT Solution and NCERT Exemplar Problems & Solutions for class 10 form the following link:
Besides having reliable preparation material for the exam it’s also important how you prepare form that material. So here are a few points that students have to keep in mind while preparing for their class 10th CBSE Mathematics Board Exam in order to score well in the subject.
- Revise all the formulae and concepts thoroughly and understand their usage as well.
- Revise the important and heavily weighted chapters thoroughly.
- Practice answering previous year papers and sample papers within the time limit of the official exam so as to learn the time management.
- Do not start any new topic at the last minute. Only revise the topics which you have already completed.
Tips to attempt the question paper:
- Utilize the first 15 minutes period very effectively to read the question paper. Categorize the questions as easy, moderate & tough in your mind. Also check the paper for any misprinting or error in questions.
- Make a rough time management for various sections and questions you will attempt in the paper.
- Feel free to think out your answers on rough paper where you feel struck or confused. It will help you in understanding the question quicker and write a proper solution for it. You can use a column in the right side of your answer sheet for rough work.
- Give special attention to the stepwise process of answering the questions as separate marks are allotted to each step in the CBSE Board Exams.
- Keep 15-20 minutes margin time to re-check your answers in the end.
In addition to prepare well for the exam students are advised to stay confident and positive so as perform well in their CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Board Exam 2018 and secure high marks.