General Awareness for MBA : 18 November to 24 November
Nov 24, 2014 12:42 IST
- Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 19 November 2014 announced to de-recognise Delhi Stock Exchange (DSE) on the allegations of serious irregularities in its functioning.
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on 19 November 2014 raised India growth forecast to 6.6percent for the financial year 2015-2016.
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd ( IREDA) and US Export-Import (Exim) Bank on 18 November 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with respect to cooperation on clean energy investment.
- World Fisheries day on 21 November 2014 was observed across the world by the fisher folk communities. The day will remind the world to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries and healthy oceans ecosystems.
- Tamil superstar Rajinikanth was on 20 November 2014 honoured with the centenary award for Indian Film Personality of the year 2014 at the 45th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Chintan, a non-government organisation was conferred the Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award, 2014 on 15 November 2014. The award was given for cleaning the New Delhi railway station. Chintan is a non-government organisation working with waste pickers.
- Neel Mukherjee was in news because his book Lives of Others was shortlisted for Costa Book Awards on 19 November 2014. His book was shortlisted under the Novel Award category. The award will be announced on 5 January 2015 while the overall Costa Book of the Year will be announced on 27 January 2015.
- Deutsche Bank on 15 November 2014 won Custodian of the Year 2014 award. The bank was awarded the ‘Channel Islands Custodian of the Year 2014’ title, with the award being presented to Lisa Haggarty, Head of Custody and Fund Solutions for Deutsche Bank Channel Islands.
- International Business Machine Corp on 18 November 2014 launched a new e-mail application known as IBM Verse. The company hopes IBM Verse will eventually replace Window's popular Outlook.
- The Bombay High Court on 18 November 2014 quashed the Income Tax department’s 18000-crore rupees tax order against oil major Shell India.
- Jignesh Shah on 20 November 2014 resigned as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Financial Technologies (India) Ltd (FTIL). The decision was taken at the Board meeting of FTIL where the board was reconstituted.
- Uninor on 19 November 2014 announced the appointment of Vivek Sood as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The appointment will come into effect from 1 December 2014. Uninor is the local arm of Norwegian telecom operator Telenor.
- Cipla Europe NV, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cipla Ltd on 20 November 2014 tied up with Serum Institute of India Ltd (SII) to distribute vaccines in Europe.
- Online restaurant guide Zomato raised 60 million US dollars of fund from Info Edge, Vy Capital & Sequoia. The fund will be used to accelerate the company's global expansion and new product development.
- Infosys co-founders S. Gopalakrishnan and S.D.Shibulal on 19 November 2014 launched Axilor Ventures.
- Uber on 19 November 2014 launched the low cost service UberGO in India. With this, Tata Indica Vista, Etios Liva, Maruti Ritz and Maruti Swift of Uber service will cost lower than an auto-rickshaw.
- 12th ASEAN-India Summit was held in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar on 12 November 2014. The summit was held on the sidelines of 25th ASEAN Summit.
- 9th East Asia Summit was held in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar on 13 November 2014. The summit was held on the sidelines of the 25th ASEAN Summit. The Summit was chaired by the President of Myanmar, U Thein Sein.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited to Fiji on 19 November 2014. He had a meeting with Pacific Island Leaders and announced measures to strengthen partnership with Pacific Islands.
- The US President Barack Obama will be the Chief Guest at 66th India’s Republic Day celebrations 2015. The White House on 21 November 2014 accepted the invitation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Oxford Dictionary named Vape as Word of the Year 2014. The decision was announced in November 2014.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 19 November 2014 was chosen for the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2014. The award will be given to ISRO for its contribution in strengthening international cooperation in peaceful use of outer space.
- Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Murli Deora died after a prolonged illness on 24 November 2014 in Mumbai. He was 77 and is survived by his wife and two sons, including former MP Milind Deora.
- Giriraj Singh on 11 November 2014 assumed charge as the Minister of State for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- India on 21 November 2014 won the 2014 South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women's Championship at the Jinnah Stadium in Islamabad. Indian team won 6-0 over Nepal to register their first series win on Pakistan soil.
- Terry Walsh on 18 November 2014 resigned as Chief Coach of Indian hockey team after his contractual talks with Hockey India (HI) and the Sports Authority of India (SAI) broke down. However, a fresh proposal is still being worked out for his consideration.
- Indian batsman Suresh Raina on 17 November 2014 became co-owner of Hockey India League (HIL) franchise team, Uttar Pradesh Wizards.
The announcement of his association was made by Abhijit Sarkar of Uttar Pradesh Wizards in an event held at Sahara Shaher in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian cricket team on 16 November 2014 won 5-match ODI series against Sri Lanka, 5-0. In the fifth and final match of the series played at JSCA Stadium Complex in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India defeated Sri Lanka by 3 wickets.
- World number one Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic was crowned champion of ATP World Tour finals at O2 Arena in London, UK on 16 November 2014. He was crowned after world number two Swiss Roger Federer withdrew from the title clash due to a back injury.
- Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth on 16 November 2014 clinched women’s and men’s singles title of the 700000 US dollar China Open Super Series Premier of Badminton respectively, in Fuzhou, China.
- Salgaocar FC won Durand Cup on 8 November 2014 and emerged as Durand Cup champion for the third time. It defeated Pune FC by 1-0.