Education is one of the basic needs. Human beings require being competitive enough to sustain in the society and in the market. Being educated means being learned. People love to be surrounded and interact with those who are well educated as education imparts:
3. Rational thinking capacity
4. Sense of behavior
5. Well distinguished Lifestyle
7. Diversity in life
Every nation has a separate educational system that defines the future of the nation. Indian education system has a basic model in which education for a child starts from Pre-Nursery and then diversifies to various horizons like: B.Tech, M.Tech, B.B.A, M.B.A, B.COM, M.COM, MASS MEDIA, P.G.D.M, M.B.B.S and many more other courses relating to commerce, science, arts, sociology etc.
Talking about the educational system in India it becomes debatable when it comes to imparting creativity in children. Many people think that Educational System in India is killing the creativity in children. Now favoring the topic we come to the following points:
1) Pressure of results: In our education system schools and colleges pressurize the children so much about the results and the pressure is such that they have to give 9-10 hours daily to their books and studies in order to obtain good grades so they hardly get anytime to be creative and show some personal innovations.
2) Infrastructural challenges: Many of the Government schools and colleges lack proper infrastructure and equipment that may aid in the innovative creations by meritorious and intelligent students in rural areas and even the semi-urban areas.
3) Freedom of expressions: Our education system doesn’t encourage students to do things differently which may lead to potential innovations in the near future. Children are bound and not set free and innovation is something that comes independently and in full freedom.
4) Interference of parents in education system: Parents also want and look for their wards gaining higher marks and scoring good percentile and thereby blocking the ideas of the students and imposing down our own ideas onto them forcibly.
On the contrary, it’s not the way people feel that the educational system in India is killing creativity in the children and for that if we talk against the topic then we come across certain legible points like:
1. Creativity is something beyond education: The most important concern is the fact that creativity has no wings and it can perpetuate anywhere, anytime and in any mode. It is different from the pattern and system of education.
2. Creativity is a part of education: A student can become creative only when he has certain knowledge and for gaining knowledge and applying the innovative mind either directly or indirectly one needs to be educated. e.g: a creative writer can’t write stuff unless and until he has excellent vocabulary and content knowledge which in turn comes from education.
3. Diversifies knowledge: Today’s education system in India has brought so many transformations and changes that leads to diversification in terms of knowledge gaining and then applying the same to become creative and show some innovative stuff.
4. Recreational and extra-curricular activities: In fact, the modern education system has adopted separate classes for recreational and extra-curricular activities and promotes the interest of students in the direction of their will thereby increasing the chances of setting opportunities for them to prove their own innate skills and creativity to the fullest.
In nut-shell, the education system in India is such that it may transform students to a greater extent and lead them to successful career growth but simultaneously there should be focus on the considerable facts of the students getting creative as well. As creativity seeds for uniqueness and something new. Loopholes are there and we need to work upon it. Pressure won’t enhance creativity, freedom will do.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.