IBPS Clerk Exam 2015: Computer Knowledge-Syllabus & Preparation Tips
The IBPS Clerk examination this year would take place in two parts: Prelims and Mains. Go through Syllabus and Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section.
Institute of Banking Personal Selection (IBPS) which is the premiere organization responsible for recruiting aspiring banking candidates to various partner nationalized banks around the nation, has invited applicants to apply for Clerical posts. The candidates need to under written examination in two parts consisting of prelims and mains examination in the month of December and January 2015 and 2016 respectively. The candidates have already registered themselves for this year’s CWE V and have started to prepare for the examinations. The candidates need to pass both in prelims and Mains examination to qualify for the personal interview round and finally get selected.
Every year lakhs of aspiring banking candidates are taking these common written examinations and only those with certain amount of preparation make through to the final selection. There are five major papers in the Mains examination containing English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness. The Mains examination carries 200 marks in total for which the candidates are given a total time of 2 hours. The questions are objective type with multiple options. There are negative marks for wrong evaluation of questions in part of the candidates and thus candidates need to be doubly sure before answering the questions in the examination.
Syllabus for Computer Knowledge: Although IBPS does not provide syllabus, Jagranjosh has come up with topics to be prepared for IBPS Clerk Exam 2015.
The topics list: This part covers mainly following topics:-
• Basics of Hardware and software
• Windows operating system basics
• Internet terms and services
• Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
• History of computers
• Networking and communication
• Database basics
• Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses
Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge:
• Develop a liking for the subject: Many a candidates who are not aware of the computer system and its components yet feel it rather fearing to begin with. There are thousands of young aspiring candidates who are quite talented but fear this form of technology whenever they face it. These candidates need to share an amicable relation with computer and the subject overall. There has to be a positive approach in learning various aspects of the system and its ever growing avenues in the digital world.
• Take one step at a time: There is no need to hurry while preparing for this particular paper. Candidates can actually prepare in their own speed, provided the fact they enjoy doing it. Once they would grapple the subject and its aspects well, they would start experimenting with it more and in turn would understand the nuances of the subject even better. Candidates need to study the history of computer and internet to just step into the comfort zone so that they could further delve into the huge sea of connected world through the help of internet.
• Refer books and magazines: There are many books and magazines available in the market which is devoted solely to computer information. They can be very helpful in providing facts and matters regarding the machinery and its various analogies to the candidates who are relatively new to this gamut of hardware and software mesh.
• Take professional help if needed: There is no shame in taking a little professional help for this particular subject. One can always sign in for some short term courses that are available in plenty at the educational sector around the nation. These courses could land up the candidates into a comfort zone from which it could get quite easier for the candidates to related to the various computer terminologies and recent developments in the world of information technology.