Indian Institute of Information Technology Madras, Chennai invited applications for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor Associate Professor and Professor. The departments are Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Ocean Engineering and Physics.
• Last Date for Submission of Application: 21 March 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of Post: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor.
Name of Departments
• Aerospace Engineering.
• Applied Mechanics.
• Chemical Engineering.
• Civil Engineering.
• Computer Science & Engineering.
• Electrical Engineering.
• Engineering Design.
• Humanities & Social Sciences.
• Management Studies.
• Mechanical Engineering.
• Metallurgical & Materials Engineering.
• Ocean Engineering.
• Ph. D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
• Candidates who have submitted their thesis, or are likely to submit, may also apply, for the post applied for the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
• Individuals with Masters Degree from a reputed Institute can join as a Lecturer and pursue their Ph.D program at IIIT Hyderabad or IIT Madras. Lecturer will become Asst.Professor after completion of Ph.D, following due process for the post applied for the Lecturer.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
• Pay Band is PB-3 and the Pay Scale is Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- with Academic Grade Pay (AGP) is Rs. 8,000/ (for direct recruits), minimum pay in the PB3 to be fixed at Rs. 30,000/ and for contractual basis post AGP is Rs. 6,000/-.
• Pay Band is PB- 4 and Pay Scale is Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- with AGP of Rs. 9,500/ (for direct recruits), minimum pay in the PB4 to be fixed at Rs. 42,800/.
• Pay Band is PB- 4 and Pay Scale is Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- with AGP Rs. 10,500/ (for direct recruits), minimum pay in the PB4 to be fixed at Rs. 48,000/.
• The posts carry allowances such as D.A., H.R.A. and transport allowance as per rules of the Institute, which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed at Chennai.
• Depending upon the qualifications and experience, higher starting salary may be offered in deserving cases.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates may apply online. Applications are to be submitted online at www.facapp.iitm.ac.in fillable forms and instructions can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the data sheet (only) to Dean (Administration), IIT Madras, Chennai 600 036.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.