The University of Mumbai is a state university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and was established on 18 July 1857. The University invites applications from eligible candidates for PhD Entrance Test 2012 (PET) for admission to its various PhD Programmes.
Name of the PhD Programmes
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management (MBA)
- Applied Science (Physics)
- Applied Science (Chemistry)
- Applied Science (Mathematics)
- Applied Science (Computer Application)
- Life Science (Bio-Technology)
- Textile Engineering
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Last date for applying online: 4 May 2013
- Last Date for sending receipt of Application Form: 10 May 2013
- Candidates who have qualified NET/ GATE/ CSIR UGC NET/ GPAT/ SLET or equivalent
- Candidates who are selected for Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/ teacher fellowship awardees/ INSPIRE
- Candidates having UGC Fellowship (Non NET)
- Candidates who have Project JRF/ Project Assistant
- Candidates having UGC’s SAP Fellowship
- Award of fellowship by CSIR/ ICAR/ ICSSr/ ICHR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST/ PTU or recognised institution/ organisation
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview by the university.
How to Apply for admission in MU
Interested candidates need to apply online on the University’s website and henceforth take a print out of online application (complete in all respect) and send it to the Dean (RIC), 3 rd Floor, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar- Kapurthala Highway, Kapurthala-144601.
Application Fee: Rs 1000. The fee needs to be deposited directly in any branch of HDFC Bank or State Bank of Patiala in the name of Dean, Research, Punjab Technical University.
For more details please visit http://www.pturic.ac.in