Parents and teachers meet up twice every month to discuss students’ progress at school. PTMs are held to review students’ performance academically as well as in other areas of their school life. The students are also provided feedback about their strengths and weakness to help them improve. However, these are not just limited to the PTMs and parents and teachers go beyond this to help in students’ progress at school.
Here, in this article, we are discussing some important rights and responsibilities of teachers and parents towards students at the school –
Rights and Responsibilities of Teachers towards students:
Implementation of learning and discipline by students – Teachers are not only for imparting knowledge to students but also they have a right to keep reviewing students’ performance and also they can make students follow the rules and regulations of the school. They can follow or develop a learning approach which is practical and beneficial for the students. They can engage students with modern techniques of learning that will develop their interest in academics and also the school’s attendance record should always be positive.
Fairness and encouragement – The teachers have a right to implement rules and regulations and also to be fair with students. Also, they can use different techniques to counsel students during certain issues.
Confidentiality – The teachers should know that in certain matters they can maintain privacy for the benefit of students so that the students can maintain their learning process without any negative effect.
- Teachers need to establish good relation with students in respect to their learning. They should know about the learning strategies of students and also how to impart knowledge to them.
- Teachers must know the curriculum/ syllabus of subjects and module to be used for learning of students.
- Teacher should know their students individually in the classroom. They must be aware of strengths and weaknesses of each student so that they plan their learning accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of a teacher that the environment for students should be safe and favourable for students’ learning. There should be no harassment by bullying or conflicts and the rules and regulations for maintaining discipline should be implemented by teachers only.
- It is the responsibility of teachers to provide review and feedback to parents about their child’s learning and progress.
Rights and Responsibilities of Parents towards students:
The parents have complete authority to ask for safe and favourable environment at school for education of their child.
They have a right to know about their child’s learning and performance at the school, and also they can visit the school beyond PTMs to know about certain concern in regards to their child.
- It is the responsibility of parents to participate in their child’s learning progress by motivating them and encouraging moral values in them.
- The parents must make sure that their child never skips the classes and has a good attendance record at the school.
- It is the responsibility of parents to regularly take feedback from teacher for their child’s progress and also develop positive relations with the school staff.
- The parents should be supportive and encourage a safe environment for all students at the school.