GK Quiz for Current and Static Events: 4th January 2021
The GK Quiz listed below has been prepared to help the candidates prepare for various competitive exams like UPSC, SSC CGL, Bank PO, NDA, NA etc. Take the quiz extremely seriously to be well prepared for your exams
- Which government has recently amended its national anthem to suit its indigenous people?
- New Zealand
Explanation: The Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison informed on December 31, 2020, that the country brought in the New Year in a different way by tweaking their National Anthem ‘Advance Australia Fair’ in order to recognize the nation’s indigenous communities and history. The change in the anthem took effect on January 1, 2021. Know more here.
- The central government has decided to extend the Disability Compensation to all the serving employees. Which of the conditions needs to be fulfilled to get it?
i) The compensation will be provided if the employee gets disabled in the line of duty while performing the service
ii) The employee however need not be retained in service in spite of disablement to claim for compensation.
- Only i
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
- None of the above
Explanation: The central government has decided to extend the Disability Compensation to all the serving employees. The compensation will be provided if the employee gets disabled in the line of duty while performing the service and is retained in service in spite of disablement. Read more here.
- With reference to the minimum qualifying service of the pension look below to find the wrong statement
- The Ministry of Personnel has removed the minimum qualifying service of 10 years to receive a pension.
- Even if the government employee is incapacitated because of the medical or bodily infirmity, he would receive a pension
- None of the people who have retired from government service is applicable to this rule
- All are true
Explanation: The Ministry of Personnel, in another employee-friendly decision, removed the minimum qualifying service of 10 years to receive a pension, if the government employee is incapacitated because of the medical or bodily infirmity and has retired from government service.
- Who has been awarded a knighthood in the UK New Years Honours list?
- Lewis Hamilton
- Rupert Grint
- Daniel Craig
- Andy Murray
Explanation: Lewis Hamilton has been awarded a knighthood in the United Kingdom New Year Honours list. The award comes after Hamilton won his seventh world title this year, equaling Michael Schumacher's record.
- Where will be the first-ever Lithium Refinery of India be set?
Explanation: The first lithium refinery of India will soon be set up in Gujarat to boost the nation's efforts towards electrification of transport. The refinery will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material. Know all about it here.
- India’s first hot air balloon safari has been launched in which of the following tiger reserves?
- Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
- Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve
- Buxa Tiger Reserve
- Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Explanation: India's first hot air balloon safari in a tiger reserve was launched on December 25, 2020, in Madhya Pradesh's Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Read all about it here.
- Recently ICC Men’s T20I and ODI teams of the decade captain has been announced. Name the personality
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Virat Kohli
- MS Dhoni
- Saurav Ganguly
Explanation: The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced ICC Men’s and Women's T20I, ODI and Test teams of the decade on December 27, 2020. Former Indian captain MS Dhoni was named the captain of the ICC Men’s T20I and ODI teams of the decade.
- Which of the following tiger reserves is not in Tamil Nadu?
- Anamalai Tiger reserve
- Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve
- Mudumalai Tiger Reserve
- Parambikulam Tiger Reserve
Explanation: The Protected Areas in the State includes 5 National parks, 15 Wildlife Sanctuaries, 15 bird sanctuaries and 2 conservation reserves besides 4 Tiger Reserves viz. Anamalai, Kalakkad - Mundanthurai, Mudumalai and Sathyamangalam. These Protected Areas have been established under the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- Recently PM Modi launched the first driverless train. Which stations does it run between?
- Rajiv Chowk to Central Secretariat
- Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden
- Okhla to Janakpuri
- Kashmere Gate to Rithala
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 28, 2020, launched India's first driverless train on Magenta line of Delhi Metro ( Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden) via video conferencing. PM Modi also launched the services of National Common Mobility Card on Airport Express Line.
- Which country has planned to set up a nuclear reactor on Moon and by which year?
- Russia by 2026
- USA by 2026
- USA by 2025
- Britain by 2025
Explanation: The White House of the United States issued the directive for setting up of first nuclear reactor on the Moon by the year 2026. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the US Department of Energy will be jointly working for the industrial design proposal for the project in early 2021. Read more