CBSE 10th Social Science Board exam 2020: Important MCQs of Civics (Chapter 4- Gender, Religion and Caste)
CBSE 10th Civics important MCQs of Chapter 4 (Gender, Religion, and Caste) are given here. These NCERT textbook based questions are expected in CBSE Class 10 Board exam 2020.
Students preparing for CBSE class 10 Social Science board exam 2020 must check the important set of given MCQs. These questions are from Chapter 4 (Gender, Religion, and Caste). The below mentioned questions are taken from the NCERT textbook and the latest CBSE Sample paper. Prepare from the given questions for CBSE Class 10 Board exam.
Q1- Women in India face discrimination in:
- Social life
- Economic Life
- Political Life
- All of the Above
Ans- The Correct answer is- All of the above.
Q2- One-third of all the positions in local self-government institutions are reserved for:
- Scheduled Tribes
Ans- The correct answer is- Women.
Q3- From the given countries, which has a high participation of women in public life.
- Norway and Sri Lanka
- Sweden and India
- Sweden and Africa
- Nepal and Finland
Ans- The correct answer is- Sweden and Africa.
Q4- Select the correct option for the definition, “A woman or man who believes in equal rights and opportunities for men and women”
- Caste Hierarchy
- Social Change
Ans- The correct answer is- Feminist.
Q5- Which of the given statement about the Indian constitution is wrong?
- Gives all the individuals freedom to profess any religion
- Ensures equality of citizens within religious minorities
- Gives official status of one religion
- Prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion
Ans- The correct answer is- Gives official status to one religion.
Q6- Which of the given options is not a cause of communalism?
- The state has no official religion
- When one religion is discriminated against other
- Religion is taken as the basis of the nation
- Demands of one religious group are formed in opposition to another
Ans- The correct answer is- The State has no religion.
Q7- When speaking of gender divisions, it usually refers to
- The unequal role assigned by society to men and women
- Biological difference between men and women
- Unequal child sex ratio
- Absence of voting rights for women in democracies
Ans- The correct answer is- The unequal role assigned by society to men and women.
Q8- Which of the mentioned divisions are unique to India?
- Caste Division
- Economic Division
- Religious Division
- Gender Division
Ans- The correct answer is- Gender Division.
Q9- What does ‘Equal Wages Act’ signifies:
- Law provides that equal wages must be paid to both men and women
- The law deals with family matters
- A radical law against the discriminatory attitude and the sexual division of the labour
- An act signifying that all the work inside the home is done by the women
Ans- The correct answer is- Law provides that equal wages must be paid to both the men and women.
Q10- Identify the laws enacted by Parliament for the welfare of the women.
- Dowry Prohibition Act of 1961
- Special Marriage Act of 1955
- Equal Remuneration Act of 1976
- All of the Above
Ans- The correct answer is- All of the above.