Once again The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is planning to make some amendment in the examination pattern of class 10 and class 12. The board is planning to change the question paper pattern of Class X and XII exams from 2020 as part of a revamp that would also includes a change in the examination schedule for the vocational subjects as well as for the main subjects. The early declaration of results is also considered to be an important part of the amendment scheme running under the thoughts of the board.
Some CBSE officials on discussing about the plans of changing exam pattern, said that the new exam pattern would test students on their analytical abilities and reduce the scope of rote learning.
Some prominent changes expected to be introduced in new CBSE Exam Pattern 2020 are as follows:
- Board question papers to be designed to check the problem-solving and analytical thinking of students.
- Question papers to include more of short answer type questions (of 1 to 5 marks).
- Board examinations would end till the month of March.
- Results likely to be declared earlier than the schedule followed in current structure.
- More emphasis to be put on improved quality of academics.
- State governments would evaluate schools’ working criteria.
Resources also revealed that under the new amendment scheme, the board will introduce new CBSE bylaws that will impact the rules of affiliation for schools. Now the board will put more focus on the academic quality of institutions seeking affiliation/renewal. The proposals might take a few months to get finalised.
In class10 examination pattern, the CBSE had already introduced a big change by making the board exams mandatory for all from the academic session 2017-2018. Under the changed exam pattern in class 10 summative and formative assessments were replaced by the annual board examinations for which students have to prepare the syllabus of full course.