In this video we will get to learn about the differences between the unicellular and multicellular organisms. Also, we will get to know about the plant cell and animal cell. Different types of cells will also be discussed here.
• Organisms made up of only one cell, like yeast are called unicellular organisms
• Organisms made up of many cells, like plants, animals, etc. are called multicellular organisms
1. Differences between Plant cell and Animal cell:
a) Plant cell is regular in shape, whereas animal cell has an irregular shape
b) It has two limiting membranes: Inner one is known as plasma membrane and outer one which is thicker and impervious membrane is called the cell wall. On the other hand, animal cell has only one membrane which is ‘plasma membrane.’
2. On the basis of the existence of nucleus inside the cell, it can be categorized as:
a) Prokaryotic cell: A cell that lacks a well defined nucleus is called a prokaryotic cell. All membrane bound organelles are absent in a prokaryotic cell.
b) Eukaryotic cell: A cell containing a proper nucleus is called a eukaryotic cell.
• The RNA molecule which is not membrane bounded is present in both Prokaryotic as well as Eukaryotic cells.
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.