General Awareness Questions asked in IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2017-18
IBPS conducted the mains examination for the post clerk on 21st January 2018. Here we enlisted the General Awareness questions asked in the exam.
IBPS Clerk Mains exam has over. There were 50 questions of General Awareness asked in exam. Here we are provided the questions asked in the exam.
• The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), a member of the World Bank is an international financial institution which offers political risk insurance and credit enhancement guarantees. MIGA is headquartered in - Washington, D.C., United States.
• What is Investment banking? Investment banking is a special segment of banking operation that helps individuals or organisations raise capital and provide financial consultancy services to them.
• The Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary is an Indian sanctuary situated in- Mungeli district, Chhattisgarh
• PACC agreement is related to – Climate Change (PACC stands for- Paris Agreement on Climate Change)
• What is a 'Global Depositary Receipt (GDR)?- GDR is a popular financial instrument used by listed companies in India, as also in many other countries, to raise funds denominated mostly in US dollar or euros.
Note: Typically, GDRs are bank certificates issued in more than one country for shares of a company, which are held by a foreign branch of an international bank. While shares trade on a domestic stock exchange, which happens to be in India in the present case, they can be offered for sale globally through the empanelled bank branches.
• What is Credit risk? Credit risk refers to the risk that a borrower or issuer of a security may not repay the principal of the loan or interest associated with it to the lender. The risk are computed based on factors that impact future cash flows of the borrower or issuer since that defines their ability to repay.
• Post the abolition of the FIPB, ministries will have to decide on FDI proposals within – 60 days of the application
• Interest Risk is a type of? - Market risk
• Who is the present governor of Arunachal Pradesh? Brigadier (Retd) B.D. Mishra
• An accounting term that refers to the process of allocating the cost of an intangible asset over a period of time is known as - Amortization
• Balpakram National Park is a national park is situated in which state—Meghalaya (near Garo Hills), India
• The capital of the country Austria- Vienna
• From June 1, 2016, for TDS, the threshold limit of PF withdrawal has been raised from Rs 30,000 to- Rs 50,000.
• Who is the winner of China Open – Men's Singles Title 2017? Rafael Nadal
• Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL), subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India manages 2 Presses. The presses located at- one at Mysore in Karnataka and the other at Salboni in West Bengal.
• CASA stands for- Current and Savings account
• The Dhirubhai Ambani Solar Park, a 40-megawatt (MWAC) photovoltaic power station commissioned in 2012 is situated at- Dhursar village near Pokhran in the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan
• The state-owned UCO Bank headquartered in- Kolkata
• Expand ‘LAF’ in banking- Liquidity adjustment facility (LAF)
Note: LAF is a monetary policy tool which allows banks to borrow money through repurchase agreements or repos. LAF is used to aid banks in adjusting the day to day mismatches in liquidity (frictional liquidity deficit/surplus). The introduction of Liquidity adjustment facility in India was on the basis of the recommendations of Narsimham committee on banking sector reforms.
• What does ‘A’ stands in FATF? – Action
Note: Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 by the Ministers of its Member jurisdictions. The objectives of the FATF are to set standards and promote effective implementation of legal, regulatory and operational measures for combating money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.
• The Ukai Dam is situated in the state- Gujarat (constructed across the Tapti River)
• Who is the vice-president of the federal think tank, NITI Aayog?- Rajiv Kumar
• ‘Hand-in-Hand’ - the annual exercise between - The Indian Army and the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA)
• Who wins 2017 Nobel Prize in economics- Richard Thaler
• What is the full form of CAGR?- Compound Annual Growth Rate
• Under call money market, funds are transacted on-- an overnight basis
• Sanjeev Stalin is associated with which of the following sports?- Football
• NACH is a web based platform to facilitate interbank, high volume, electronic transactions for Banks, Financial Institutions, Corporates and Government. What is the full-form of NACH?- National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
• SFMS is a secure messaging standard developed to serve as a platform for intra-bank and inter-bank applications. It is an Indian standard similar to SWIFT (Society for World-wide Interbank Financial Telecommunications). What is the full form of SFMS? Structured Financial Messaging System
• A parliamentary committee has recently decided to examine the whole gamut of Sino-Indian relations, including the border situation. The Standing Committee on External Affairs, which will examine the relations between the two Asian powers, is headed by- Shashi Tharoor
• The JRD Tata Sports Complex Stadium is situated in - Jamshedpur, India
• What is the guaranteed interest rate in Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) 2017? 8 per cent
• Which state become the first in India to call attention and adjournment motions and proposals online from legislators to send them to the state government?- Rajasthan
• The 48th Conference of Governors was held in the city- New Delhi
• The two-day ‘International Conference on Yoga for Wellness’ in which city? New Delhi
• What is initial coin offering (ICO)? ICO is a means of crowdfunding centered around cryptocurrency which can be a source of capital for startup companies. ICOs raise money from public investors to bankroll a startup. But instead of the shares you acquire in an IPO, ICOs allot digital ‘tokens’ which represent an informal ownership share in the business they fund. It is also known as token sales.
• Virendra Kumar is currently a member of Lok Sabha. He represents- the Tikamgarh constituency of Madhya Pradesh
• Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit 2017 meeting held in- Astana, Kazakhstan
• Lekh Tandon, who died recently, was associated with which of the following field? Indian Cinema
• Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd. (RCF) is a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers of the Government of India headquartered in –Mumbai
• ELSS or tax planning mutual fund schemes is ideal to save taxes up to Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C ELSS stands for - Equity Linked Saving Schemes
• Non-Banking Financial Company - Micro Finance Institutions (NBFC-MFIs) is regulated by – Reserve Bank of India
• The Port of Beirut is situated in – Lebanon
• The National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a public trust established in 2006 by which of the following organizations? Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)