Students appearing for CBSE Class 10th and Class 12th Board Exams this year need to know some important exam rules by CBSE Board before appearing for the exam. These instructions mentioned by CBSE board should be followed by students essentially which include exam hall instructions, admit card instructions, etc. Class 10th and Class 12th students can check the important exam rules for CBSE Board Exams 2018.
Instructions for Class 10th and Class 12th CBSE Board Exams –
CBSE board issues an admit card to every student appearing for class 10th and class 12th exams. The admit card of CBSE board exams mentions exam details like exam centre name and location, student’s personal details, exam schedule of each subject as well as some important instructions. The students appearing for class 12th and class 10th board exams are advised to cross-check all these details for any mis-spelling or wrong information.
- Students should check their personal details like name, roll number, photograph, signature, parent/guardian’s name, school name, as well as school authority’s signature and stamp.
- They should cross-check exam date and timings as well as subjects and their codes.
- They should visit their allotted exam centre a day before the exam to know that the name, centre code and location of the test centre is correct.
Moreover, they are advised to keep their admit card safe as it is required for entry in exam centre hall and without it, students won’t be allowed to take the exam. Not only the CBSE admit card is important for appearing in the examination, it is also required for academic records, so students should carefully keep it safe.
In case, the admit card allotted students mentioned wrong information then, it is advised that they visit the concerned exam authority for getting it corrected or re-issuing of duplicate admit card. They should do this at least 2-3 days before the exam to avoid any last minute rush.
Students appearing for CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 board exams should cross-check the location and name of their allotted exam centre at least a day before the exam date; as sometimes, students reach wrong exam centre on the exam day and their time is wasted or worst case that could happen is that they are not allowed to sit for the exam. To avoid such situations they should –
- Cross-verify the exam centre’s name, address and centre code as well, which is mentioned on their admit card
- They should visit the exam centre at least an hour before the exam timings as the exam centre authorities will begin the entries at least 30 minutes before the exam so that students can settle down to their allotted desks before the exam
Other important instructions to be followed at the exam centre –
1. Carry your admit card
2. Do not carry the things that are banned in the exam hall and are considered as cheating material including study notes, paper chits, watches, calculators, mobile phones etc.
3. Use the additional 15 minutes provided to you to read and cross-verify the test paper.
4. Students should be careful of the exam discipline as they are not allowed to cheat, look into other students’ answers sheet, tear or write on the question paper, tear sheet from answer sheet or take the answer sheet with them while leaving the examination room.
CBSE has announced some new instructions regarding scribe for students. As scribe is provided to those students who are physically handicapped i.e who are unable to write the exam. The new rules for scribe by CBSE mentions –
- The academic qualification of Scribe provided by the centre should be a class lower than the student i.e. if this facility is availed for class 10 student, then the scribe should be in 9th class.
- From now on Autistic students can also get Scribe facility
- Moreover, if an exam appearing student fall sick suddenly at the exam centre, then they will be provided Scribe facility on the spot by the centre superintendent
- The scribe will be provided free of cost at the exam centre